Need help with FSB problem

zyklon

Firstly, I'm using an Abit IP-35 and a Q6600 OCed to 3.2GHz

I've got this strange problem with my FSB...its resetting back to 266mhz in windows randomly for no apparent reasons. On the other hand, my voltages, dram:fsb ratios etc stay the same. When I restart my computer it will be back at 356mhz, and my BIOS is still keeping all the overclocking settings too.

PS:

-My overclocking is prime95 stable, and even if it wasn't, everything in BIOS would reset to default, not just the fsb.

-I'm using Everest and CPUZ to check my settings.

Any help is greatly appreciated

If the bios is not stable like that and its resetting, then your system is not stable as a whole, even it passes Prime95. Did you test your ram at that speed and make sure it runs Memtest at least 8 hrs no errors, at a voltage/timings you set?

im not sure if BIOS is resetting, I still need to figure it if my fsb goes back to 266mhz after booting or at some point in time in windows. If the system is not stable, wouldn't every setting turn default? As I said, my dram settings, and voltages etc are not changing :/

no...energy saving only changes mulitplier not the fsb

secondly, when my fsb reverts to 266mhz, it will not change unless I restart the pc

Update: My fsb is resetting when it is off for a long time (such as during the night). After restarting the pc the fsb is overclocked again. PS: The PSU is also switched off during the night

any help please?

Edited by zyklon

no...energy saving only changes mulitplier not the fsb

secondly, when my fsb reverts to 266mhz, it will not change unless I restart the pc

Update: My fsb is resetting when it is off for a long time (such as during the night). After restarting the pc the fsb is overclocked again. PS: The PSU is also switched off during the night

any help please?

"Update: My fsb is resetting when it is off for a long time (such as during the night)"

Hmmm..If any settings in the BIOS change after sitting with no power, then I would suspect the CMOS battery..I'd try a new one.

"Update: My fsb is resetting when it is off for a long time (such as during the night)"

Hmmm..If any settings in the BIOS change after sitting with no power, then I would suspect the CMOS battery..I'd try a new one.

if it was the CMOS battery, the OC would not return after simply rebooting. his settings would be lost in its memory, as it would reset without power...