Bought Case & Power Supply

avididid

David here, I've been all over the net to make my 1st purchase. I went with a special at NewEgg site. I got the Case, Power Supply and 2 fans for $35.00 including shipping.

This case is the HEC 6C28BB8S Special they have going. I know you guys are saying to

yourself what a cheap way to start. However remember I won't be filling the case up with

alot of stuff!! Just a Hard Drive, DVDRW drive, Motherboard & CPU. No Video card, No sound card, no floppy drive and I don't play games or use the internet.

I didn't want to spend alot of money on my 1st build since I might give up (Hope Not)

Next thing is the MB & CPU Combo. You guys have given me some great pointers. I think instead of a MB that supports DDR2 I'll look for 1 that supports DDR3 since the cost diff of the memory is not that great anymore.

I downloaded a PDF manual on a GigiByte MB the other day and it kinda scared me!!

I have changed out a hard drive and DVD drive on the system I now have (Setting the drives to master and slave and all that sufff, but what I was reading in the MB manual I downloaded kinda of shook me up - I guess I'll learn it!!

I'll get back with you guys for more help - Tks David

David here, I've been all over the net to make my 1st purchase. I went with a special at NewEgg site. I got the Case, Power Supply and 2 fans for $35.00 including shipping.

This case is the HEC 6C28BB8S Special they have going. I know you guys are saying to

yourself what a cheap way to start. However remember I won't be filling the case up with

alot of stuff!! Just a Hard Drive, DVDRW drive, Motherboard & CPU. No Video card, No sound card, no floppy drive and I don't play games or use the internet.

I didn't want to spend alot of money on my 1st build since I might give up (Hope Not)

Next thing is the MB & CPU Combo. You guys have given me some great pointers. I think instead of a MB that supports DDR2 I'll look for 1 that supports DDR3 since the cost diff of the memory is not that great anymore.

I downloaded a PDF manual on a GigiByte MB the other day and it kinda scared me!!

I have changed out a hard drive and DVD drive on the system I now have (Setting the drives to master and slave and all that sufff, but what I was reading in the MB manual I downloaded kinda of shook me up - I guess I'll learn it!!

I'll get back with you guys for more help - Tks David

check out the athlon II x2 245 and some 790gx chipset boards

do you have the harddrive, and the optical drive already picked out??

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Specs of power supply? To ensure future compatibility, you'll want at least a 450w PSU.

....if computer components get less efficient :P. But it's a good question since it should be known if it's a quality PSU or not