Torchlight

Zertz

Torchlight was just released today!

Not that I've been particularly waiting for it, but I really enjoy RPG's and for $20 you can't really go wrong. The concept is very similar to Diablo, except with cartoony graphics.

Just played it for like 15 minutes and it looks pretty cool. Attack and spell animations are well done, music is excellent.

It runs flawlessly at 2560x1600 at maximum settings on a GTX260 and a Core i5 750 and there's a "Netbook settings" checkbox (which I can't wait to try out!) so it really isn't a demanding game.

Edit: The game isn't really playable on Atom 230 + GMA945... Other than that, I love it!

Looks like a great game to spend some time on while waiting for Diablo 3 :)

Edited by Zertz

• 1 month later...

How are you liking the game, Zertz?

It's only $5 on Steam right now (Holiday Sale, 75% Off), so I'm tempted to get it. I have so many games in my Steam account I haven't played yet though, so not sure if it's worth the money.

I heard that if you liked Diablo, you'll love Torchlight. The thing about Torchlight is that its a little more cartoony and not as scary looking... like some of the monsters that should be scary look kind of funny and comical. But the game sounds like a lot of fun.. I'm really tempted to get it. Is it just 5 bucks for today only?