WHAAAHOOO!!!!

I finally received the remaining fans for my case today. I have am using an Antec Three Hundred, which came with a 120mm exhaust in the back and a 140mm exhaust in the top. I added in two 120mm fans to the front for intake and one to the side of the case for exhaust. Temps dropped 5C ... huge difference.

And yes, I did the same thing that you did. I now have my CPU can blowing up to the exhaust fan at the top, made a huge difference in temps. I think for now I will stick with AS5, perhaps when I upgrade again I will try freeze!

Sounds great! what are those temps? :) screen shot?

Nice Temps! ^_^ Your PC would look even better with the MegaShadow. ;) It's available here at one of the PC stores.

Thnx..Why? Because it's all black? i'd only switch if it performed better.

I switched to OCZ Freeze quite some time ago and have not gone back to anything else. Easy to install, easy to remove, lower temps and No set up, its a winner on all counts! Glad to see you got it figured out

yes sir i did! Now that temps have dropped...you know im going for a higher clock! Ill keep you informed.

did you apply the new tim the same way you applied the old? there is a factor for you.

No, i used the same line along the surface where the cores reside. only change was the paste and fan direction.

thnx guys!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switch, if there is no difference ill send you an AS5 tube. Hell ill even deliver it! But you have to use the same spread method.

corei7sd9.jpg w450.png

Alrighty, I'll order up a tube. Keep the AS5 as backup I guess? or maybe for machines that wont be overclocking :lol:.

TP, idle temps look good. :)

How much have the load temps changed?

I would run at about 75-79 full load sometimes 80. But i did not allow that for long, i immediately down clocked until i figured out a better cooling solution. With this setup HOWEVER! The absolute highest I've seen (fluctuating between numbers) on a 6hr OCCT full burn test is between 59-64 maybe 65 but rarely.

Here is a screen shot of a few minutes into OCCT. Hope this is helpful.

showoccload.jpg

Are my screenshots coming out to big guys? Let me know.

Edited by TropicalPreist

Here is a screen shot of a few minutes into OCCT. Hope this is helpful.

Geeez, i7 920 @ 4GHz @1.42v Load UNDER 70c........... that's GREAT!!!!!

Geeez, i7 920 @ 4GHz @1.42v Load UNDER 70c........... that's GREAT!!!!!

Rourkchris runs at 1.352v last i remember which obviously is alot lower than my needed voltage. His cpu is running at a higher clock as well. <_< lol I always here DO revision cpu's tend to need less voltage to clock high.

Edited by TropicalPreist

Yeah i don't know if i showed you before or not (the temps prior) than you could vouch for me.

Yes I can vouch for your temp improvements.

Rourkchris runs at 1.352v last i remember which obviously is alot lower than my needed voltage. His cpu is running at a higher clock as well. <_< lol I always here DO revision cpu's tend to need less voltage to clock high.

After final tweaking and testing I run 4Ghz @ 1.275v, 4.312Ghz @ 1.368v, and 4.63Ghz @ 1.45v. 4.63Ghz is for suicide shots, SuperPi 1M and 32M. Not a real stable overclock but stable enough for 32M which is decent. 4.312Ghz is OCCT 1 hour stable. All on air. I run it at 4Ghz 24/7 @ 100% load running a Distributed Computing Project(protein folding/docking) with 8 threads at a time with no worries. This PC is never idle.

For CO stepping yours is running fast and cool! 4Ghz is really something. Not everyone can get that high even with DO stepping 920s. It's quite an accomplishment.