Trouble OC'ing my card

Nalcyon

I cannot figure out what the deal is. I used to play with the frequencies on my gtx 295 all the time and could save different profiles etc. I always used the nvidia control panel to do this and had not problem. recently when I try to make a change and apply it or save it I get a message that says the changes made were invalid.

33pbp81.jpg

I have tried to use coolbits but to no avail and would really like to keep using the nvidia software as I am comfortable with it and it is easy to use. The drivers are up to date. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Honestly, i have no idea, but are you doing anything too insane? I can't zoom in on the picture and if you are, the program may have locked the card to prevent damage to it.

My theory anyways.

Honestly, i have no idea, but are you doing anything too insane? I can't zoom in on the picture and if you are, the program may have locked the card to prevent damage to it.

My theory anyways.

Hmm, I got a little crazy with the shaders, just couldn't get the crazy things to mess up! I use the bump it up and play some crysis, bump it up and play some crysis, bump it up and, "whoops, that's too much," back it off a little method.

Hmm, I got a little crazy with the shaders, just couldn't get the crazy things to mess up! I use the bump it up and play some crysis, bump it up and play some crysis, bump it up and, "whoops, that's too much," back it off a little method.

That's the best method, only gaming will fully test a cards stability (and the more games you test on the better also)