Cannot Use Harddrive?

Seriphx

Yesterday, I went out to the city and got the warranty on my 7200.11 500GB Seagate SATA HDD, which had stopped working about 2 months ago, and since has been lieing on my shelf. I received a 7200.12 in return, This made me pretty happy. However when I installed it into my case and plugged it all in, I turn on my machine (running Win 7 RC) and I see "New device found, installing drivers..." and I thought ok good.. Then I get the message "ST3500418AS ATA Device is ready for use." And once again thought, Well, this is good. So I go to My Computer, and could only see my old drives, Local Disk C (System drive) and Local Disk D, (Partitioned 320GB Western Digital SATA HDD, 50GB & 250GB) I thought the 500GB would show up and I would just have to format it to use it? I can see it in Device Manager under Disk Drives, But cannot find anyway to format it or store on it? :(

I feel extremely nooby atm, but any help right now, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

P.S. Specs in sig.

right click COMPUTER and select MANAGE, then go to disk management and you should see your new unformatted drive. Right click it and make a new simple volume - this will format it and give it a drive letter and voila, windows recognizes it :)

right click COMPUTER and select MANAGE, then go to disk management and you should see your new unformatted drive. Right click it and make a new simple volume - this will format it and give it a drive letter and voila, windows recognizes it :)

Thank you also fixed my problem :lol: