275-280 compatability

Remoth

I have a question. Will a Watercooling heatsink for a Geforce GTX 280 1GB fit a GTX 275 768? Here are some pictures of the heatsinks. and just to let you know, I didnt buy the wrong one, a friend gave me this, lol.

post-68417-1253236570_thumb.jpg

post-68417-1253236585_thumb.jpg

I have a question. Will a Watercooling heatsink for a Geforce GTX 280 1GB fit a GTX 275 768? Here are some pictures of the heatsinks. and just to let you know, I didnt buy the wrong one, a friend gave me this, lol.

it might, though the 275 is 55nm and the 280 is 65nm though I'd imagine that it would still work without a problem (but I'm not certain if 275's have things arranged differently)

Whats the name of the heatsink? It should have a compatibility list. Also there could be some differences between a 280 and a 275 like ram chips on the front or the back. If I had to guess I would say no it won't fit.

I'm pretty sure the GTX275 has a slightly different PCB layout, so that D-Tek Uni-Sink (designed for GTX260/GTX280) is not compatible...

If you now own it, you could mod it, as it is only a very slightly different PCB layout

Well, I do have a 280, but I did something wrong when installing this cooler and it doesnt work right now. the guy who gave me this cooler is gonna try and fix the card this weekend. I'll use the 280 instead of my 275 since the performance is pretty close to the same, if he can get it to work and put the water cooling on it. I already need to mod the CPU block with a home-made bracket as you cant get brackets for it. this guy used to work for a certain OEM computer company and I cant say what it is and thus cant get brackets for it. but its a nice system with ribbed (non kinking) hose, two GPU water blocks (dual 280's), and one CPU block with a 240mm radiator. its a sealed system. so adding/removing parts is out of the question, lol.

yah, it's mine for sure, so I may just use the CPU block and have the other blocks sit in my 5 1/4 bays, lol.

The 275 does not have Ram chips on the back, but the cooler didnt come with a different backplate. It also has less ram than the 280, so maybe they just removed the ram on the back. hopefully it will work.

although I did just find this bracket. I might try it, but I dont have the block its for, but it looks exactly the same in the picture.... http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8629/bra...?tl=g30c325s839