Swiftech H20-220-APEX ULTIMA

Encrypted_God

I am finally after all these years going water. cutting to the chase: Could or can I install the radiator on top of my case? here's a picture I borrowed off the net.

water1u.th.jpg

I want that radiator on top of my case. Could I do that?.... I am a virgin so be gentle. oh...the case I have is the Kandalf

ABSOLUTELY! me likes the dremel...i guess the only thing I was concerened about is the placement of it. As I said; I am a virgin at this stuff so I'm making sure. Though I do have lot's and lots of holes in my case so having another wouldn't be to shocking.. I have my case so damn modded it's not even funny. So your saying it would be OK to do this?

**EdiT**

placement: meaning does it matter if it's vertical? Horizontal? The Manual says about being inverted but nothing about being horizontal. unless i'm confused and tired

As far as vertical or horizontal it doesn't matter. I have mine mounted horizontally on the top of my CM Stacker. Only thing to really consider is air flow. I personally like having mine blowing air out up on top and all the other fans are sucking air in.

Out of 9 fans I had 2 of them as exhaust. One of them was indeed on the top. Hm...Well I sure as hell can make this work. Placing the Radbox on the back, I couldn't find a sweet spot. Though I am rather picky I guess.

Anyways..you answered my question. Thanks a lot

i had a 220 rad mounted on top of my armor (which i think is pretty much identical to the kandalf).

i didn't want to cut the case so i just used some plastic standoffs to hold it an inch above the top (held in place by two screws fed through the honeycomb grill) and fed the tubing through the top 5 1/4" drive bay.

after a couple weeks i got tired of seeing it, and hearing the added noise of external fans, and moved it into the case. it's currently occupying the lower 6 drive bays, like the one in the armor LCS.

thermaltake_armor_lcs_bays.jpg

Actually orientation does matter with radiators... but not for cooling. Horizontal radiators seem easier to bleed than vertical ones, especially if you had the fittings at the bottom... air can get stuck at the top. But in the long run it doesn't matter :P

Thanks guys. I do appreciate your input. Currently I am installing the radbox on top. so far it's looking really good. the res is going on the back and the pump is going on the bottom closer to the front. pretty much layed out. All I need to do is cut some holes and take names

Actually orientation does matter with radiators... but not for cooling. Horizontal radiators seem easier to bleed than vertical ones, especially if you had the fittings at the bottom... air can get stuck at the top. But in the long run it doesn't matter :P

All you have to do is lay the case on it's back then problem solved with a vertical radiator ;)

All you have to do is lay the case on it's back then problem solved with a vertical radiator ;)

*sigh* <_< There's always a funny guy in the bleachers. Keep it down or you'll go to bed with no dinner :typing:

Here's the update: everything is in place. I went to eat dinner (tacos of course), came back to start with the water block. So far so good right? Nope...the the damn screws wouldn't tighten down fully. it would get to a certain point and it would let loose. :angry2: SO what the heck!!!! Took it apart to inspect it and guess what?!! the damn threads are stripped!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2:

So let's recap shall we? nah...I'm in enough pain as it is....All i know is swifttech is going to get a nice phone call come monday.