New i5 and i7 Processors

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i'll have to figure something out because i just received email notification from the egg that my mobo has shipped...or stick with the factory intel sink until a better alternative can be had...argh

i'll order the cpu next paycheck....3 paydays this month ... :D hurray

I would seriously consider going water cooled for it if you want to push the clocks.

I would seriously consider going water cooled for it if you want to push the clocks.

hahaha don't think for a minute i haven't thought about this! this idea is getting my full attention ccokeman, but tell me isn't there the same problem of compatability for water as there is for air? uh because of the new socket...

i looked at some stuff at frozencpu last nite and the choices looked limited...

i gotta go to class but i'll be interested in finding out more...!!

hahaha don't think for a minute i haven't thought about this! this idea is getting my full attention ccokeman, but tell me isn't there the same problem of compatability for water as there is for air? uh because of the new socket...

i looked at some stuff at frozencpu last nite and the choices looked limited...

i gotta go to class but i'll be interested in finding out more...!!

Put it this way Even though there is a kit available from Swiftech for the Apogee GTZ I have made an adapter and the screws kind of go out at an angle but heck it works and I get temperatures much better than air.

I idle in the high 20's on water but the true test is under load. I am itching to crack the whip on the 4.4GHz clocks I can pull out of the 870 on air(Bench stable only)

Yeah I been really wondering a lot abuot the new Core i7s, and the new i5 since they run in a different socket. Plus I have read that the new hexacore Core i9 is supposed to be coming out next year and will be of 1366 socket, similar to the 920 i7. So i don't know, plus i probably won't be building a computer for myself till sometime next year, maybe over the summer. So yeah, I'm just gonna wait and see what's best, even if the i9 is released next year, i bet it will be expensive, but it would be nice to buy a motherboard that has i7 and also has compatibility for the new i9.

Put it this way Even though there is a kit available from Swiftech for the Apogee GTZ I have made an adapter and the screws kind of go out at an angle but heck it works and I get temperatures much better than air.

I idle in the high 20's on water but the true test is under load. I am itching to crack the whip on the 4.4GHz clocks I can pull out of the 870 on air(Bench stable only)

so far these looks like the best choices

http://www.dangerden.com/store/lga-1156-i3-i5-i7/

and waddaya know, look what the ups man brought just now....

a new mobo fo da nex gen cj gamer...!!

i'm just gonna look at it for a minute but then it will have to reside in the "cabinet of configuration contemplation".

I have been thinking about building an i5 but have no real need for another system, gasp!!. (Mac pro, QX9650, QX9750, i7-920)

Must resist

true that, i'm gonna have to delete one computer, probably the folding rig, just one to many is all... B:)

I have been able to resist the i7 but I dont think I will be able to resist this i5, heheheh. I have done a lot of reading on it and I cant find any significant negative on the damn thing. I've got so much hardware sitting around from my past builds that all I need is the mobo and a ddr3 ram to build one.