Take this Iphone users :P

IVIYTH0S

Had to share the fact that Touch Pro's can now be overclocked!!! I'll be tinkering with mine tomorrow, up to now I could only underclock and undervolt.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p...589#post1147589

Edited by IVIYTH0S

When I saw this thread's name I somehow immediately guessed who was the author :lol:

Pretty cool find though :P

Hmm.. seems like the download link was pulled

Edited by Zertz

When I saw this thread's name I somehow immediately guessed who was the author :lol:

Pretty cool find though :P

Hmm.. seems like the download link was pulled

yeah I think it must have not been working, it jumped from version 1.0 (when I downloaded it like 10 minutes ago) to version 1.2 already lol. Good thing I didn't try it yet, I might just wait until tomorrow night until he get's it stable and then I'll begin my quest for 1GHZ processor (probably an impossible dream though). I hope for atleast a big enough increase where ever thing becomes silky smooth.

Yea, because overclocking my phone to reduce battery life and increase heat for little tangible benefit is exactly what I want to do...

it wouldn't decrease battery life (from stock) if I don't increase the voltage passed it's stock specs (which I wouldn't).

Right now I have my phone undervolted to 1.1v from it's stock 1.325v, so I have ALOT of headroom for improvement ;). Currently running at 528mhz, I'd be happy with 700mhz+

Believe me any tangible benefit is acceptable, this phone isn't as smooth as an Iphone 3GS probably is but I am looking to change that with it's best quality: Tweakability

Edited by IVIYTH0S

You're increasing voltage, which means the processor is getting more juice than it was before, resulting in a higher draw on energy from the battery. How does that not reduce battery life?

<_< It comes 1.325v from the factory....therefore it's battery life would be no worse than it was from factory....

In truth, yes the battery life may be slightly reduced than what I have it at now but I'd sacrifice a little battery life for a more peppy phone.

Voltages:

528mhz Stock: 1.325v

528mhz undervolted by me: 1.1v (the lowest the program would let me)

(sorry I said 1.375v earlier, it's actually 1.325v but that still gives me plenty of room)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Maybe just wait for a better ROM...

My Xperia X1 is running a Leo4 ROM (WinMo 6.5, Manila 2.5.x) adapted from the unreleased HTC Leo, and it runs smoothly, albeit with a few small bugs...

Itje, who makes IMO the best X1 ROMs, just got an official Xperia X1 6.5 ROM, so he's going to be producing a Touch-IT Xperience ROM (like Touch Pro 2, I think), and a Leo ROM (like unreleased Leo)

I dunno though, maybe the devs got bored of working on ROMs for VGA resolution phones :P

Maybe just wait for a better ROM...

My Xperia X1 is running a Leo4 ROM (WinMo 6.5, Manila 2.5.x) adapted from the unreleased HTC Leo, and it runs smoothly, albeit with a few small bugs...

Itje, who makes IMO the best X1 ROMs, just got an official Xperia X1 6.5 ROM, so he's going to be producing a Touch-IT Xperience ROM (like Touch Pro 2, I think), and a Leo ROM (like unreleased Leo)

I dunno though, maybe the devs got bored of working on ROMs for VGA resolution phones :P

I am currently running a very good custom ROM, it's Windows Mobile 6.5 23017/Manilla 2.1/EzInput 2.1. (here's the link if you're curious)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

well... I like the differences of Manila 2.5...

PICTURES!!

but I have tried a lot of different cooked ROMs in an attempt to find the highest performance

I think they won't look good (note: i have a Touch Pro, not a Touch Pro 2 :P)