P5Q Bus @ 1776

Enjin

First thing I'd do is invest in a full tower case, with more case fans!

Best case I ever had is a NZXT Zero!

I see they make a newer version now.

I also played Crysis with a Q9650 at 3.6GHz and one GTX280, never had a problem either.

I wonder if the overheating could be causing his cpu to step down?

Or his video card to step down???

Just a thought!

Hope things work out for ya!

Good luck!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..............I bought another couple of 80mm fans today, and tried every possible placement I could think of...............and then took the side off my case and pointed my 500mm House Fan at the Video Card.....

and you know what? I GIVE UP

The ATI HD4870x2 was nothing but a power sucking, over heating piece of.....

I have had to reinstall Crysis TWICE already because this sucky piece of junk crashed and corrupted my game.

It can't even got for 3 minutes overclocked by 15Mhz.............

This thing cannot be overclocked. Not at all. There isn't even a water block that fits this non-reference P.O.S.

I could have saved 50 bucks and just bought a cheapy Sapphire card and got the same result...

:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

Edited by Enjin

Is there any way at all that you might be able to return your 4870x2?

Possibly to the manufacturer, themselves? The Manufacturer are sometimes easier to return to, than a retail outlet!

Just to clarify one thing please, did you say that your motherboard only has one PCI-E slot?

I have had to reinstall Crysis TWICE already because this sucky piece of junk crashed and corrupted my game.

It can't even got for 3 minutes overclocked by 15Mhz.............

This thing cannot be overclocked. Not at all. There isn't even a water block that fits this non-reference P.O.S.

It's widely known that it takes a lot of power to run.

No company can guarantee you an overclock.

If it's not a reference design then it's pretty obvious there won't be a full cover water block. I'm sure you could use GPU blocks though.

Maybe you need to install the latest drivers? Is it possible you have old nVidia drivers on your drive?

Another thought...Swiftech has come out with a new cpu waterblock with a TEC sandwitch! Reviews say it works really good. I have no idea what it might cost. Might not even be worth trying?

Just thought I'd put it out there.

Is there any way at all that you might be able to return your 4870x2?

You know what? I am seriously thinking about calling asus and givin em a piece of my mind...

I have an Asus VH242H monitor too, beautiful 24 inch monitor with a bright red dead pixel in the middle of it right out of the box...............

Maybe I'll give that a try and then save up for a Mars GTX295 8oD

LoL

If you do, don't ask for there return department, ask for there sales department, or ask to speak with there head of sales! Plus be nice! Explain your problem, tell him all of the things you've done to try and solve the problem, (without telling him anything about overclocking, or overvolting)! Being polite the whole time! Being in sales, he is more apt to try and resolve your problems, especially if you tell him that you own many ASUS products and have always been happy with them! Just be nice, polite, and show respect! You may even get a free upgrade? Who knows.

Good luck!

Your video card didn't do this. GPUs don't corrupt things on your HDD...

Your video card didn't do this. GPUs don't corrupt things on your HDD...

Video Card overheated and caused the computer to crash, which caused Crysis's process to end improperly, which corrupted a file required for the game to run. The game would no longer start.

It happened twice in a row...

Inteller:

I guess in all honesty, although I'm disappointed with this vid card, I have to say that I am impressed..

-I have always received all of the help I need with Asus products, from well trained, well spoken tech support.

-vid card could not overclock, and may not be good enough for the "Maximum Game" at full crank, but It will surely be enough for Modern Warefare 2 & Starcraft 2.

-besides the dead pixel in my monitor, I would have to say that Asus is pretty top notch both in product quality & service.

Anywho, I'll still call them and see what they say. Thx for the advice =D