Help O.C Computer

Hey guys im looking to overclock my computer for the first time, im obviously noob so would like to take it one step at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

basically what im running:

Motherboard : Asus P5Q-3 Deluxe

ram: DDR3 8 gig (4 2 gig sticks)

Processor: Intel Duo Core 3.13

Video card: Nvidia 260 GTX 1792mb

thanks any advance

Your name "registermecrapwit" made me think that you got frustrated with the registration process (bad design, name taken, etc.) and just decided to make your user name "register me crap wit".

(The swear filter doesn't even like it :P )

If I am mistaken then sorry.

Anyways...

Have you read any generic articles on overclocking?

Have you read the basics?

Hey guys im looking to overclock my computer for the first time, im obviously noob so would like to take it one step at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

basically what im running:

Motherboard : Asus P5Q-3 Deluxe

ram: DDR3 8 gig (4 2 gig sticks)

Processor: Intel Duo Core 3.13

Video card: Nvidia 260 GTX 1792mb

thanks any advance

I'm a bit noob to this as well but have successfully o\c my Phenom II x4 940 Black Eddition from 3.015 to 3.511 Ghz .

so here is some basic advise before u start....

Make sure u know what max temp recommended for your CPU is and not to go over it at full load for longivity of ur CPU

Have a good look at ur bios and motherboard manual to see if u need to press any keys to get to the hidden o\c options in ur bios, for eg mine was Ctrl F1.

Make sure you have good airflow thru your case eg.. no cables restricting the flow of air to ur CPU, if so tie them out of the way with some zip ties.

Keep an eye on your temps at all times so u can take immediate action if it gets over or close to the max temp of ur processor.

look up and download these tools......

cpu_z (to see ur Volts and speed of ur componants)

Prime95 (for stress testing and CPU errors)

Core Temp (CPU temps)

hope this helps a bit:) This is my o\c temps ect Screenshot for an (example only). This was not my final stage.

post-68601-1252065282_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thorax the Impailer