5870 price range

N.E.A

clock speeds being higher help more with games

make sense , but what about the cache 12 vs 8 what does it do ...?

one more question , how will 2 x 5870 /5850 perform in games..? i am trying to find review ...

all i got is hawx and this game loves red ...:P

Edited by N.E.A

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

make sense , but what about the cache 12 vs 8 what does it do ...?

one more question , how will 2 x 5870 /5850 perform in games..? i am trying to find review ...

all i got is hawx and this game loves red ...:P

Reviews are all over the net for the 5870 now with 2 in Crossfire. I don't think there's any game it can't handle by far. The 5850 isn't available to review yet.

ok , may i ask why the Q9550 would have higher chances of bottlenecking than the Phenom II X4 955...?

:)

Because the Phenom II X4 955 is simply more powerful overall, cache and frequency considered...

Look at reviews around the web, you'll see. The Q9550 gets absolutely pwned by the X4 955.

Edit:

i am trying to find review ... all i got is hawx and this game loves red ...:P

How can you miss them, they are all over the web... Just look at OCC's home page and you have like half a dozen of links to reviews...

Edited by The Smith

Reviews are all over the net for the 5870 now with 2 in Crossfire. I don't think there's any game it can't handle by far. The 5850 isn't available to review yet.

ok i did not see one that tested crysis / warhead far cry 2 / bioshock , these are the games i want to see , i will look for more reviews :)

Because it is simply more powerful overall, cache and frequency considered...

Look at reviews around the web, you'll see. The Q9550 gets absolutely pwned by the X4 955.

Edit:

How can you miss them, they are all over the web... Just look at OCC's home page and you have like half a dozen of links to reviews...

i will thanks :) i read 3 i will proceed ...:)

Because it's slower.

:lol:

ok , ok , ok

is it better in cf/sli ....? :rolleyes:

ok , ok , ok

is it better in cf/sli ....? :rolleyes:

...really?

If it's slower in single-GPU tests it's certainly going to be slower in multi-GPU tests since they are more CPU-bound.

It seems like you ask a lot of questions without thinking about them first.

...really?

If it's slower in single-GPU tests it's certainly going to be slower in multi-GPU tests since they are more CPU-bound.

It seems like you ask a lot of questions without thinking about them first.

if you go back few pages i posted a link with a review

single/multiple gpu performance with different platforms 775/1156/1366 (AM3)

AM3 got beaten by 775 in multiple gpu performance ..... :closedeyes:

i do think about what i am writing ..:P

I can't seem to find it. Can you give me the link once again? :)

i think it was this one

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/core-i5-gami...view-31673.html

but i am not very sure if that is the one i meant i will keep looking and get you the link .........:)

but note that this one includes the q9550 and x4 965 not 955

the one i read was between 9550 and x4 955 ........:)

edit : still looking

Edited by N.E.A

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ATI/Rad...5870_CrossFire/

the answer i wanted 5870 in cf , but nothing about 5850 even in a single solution :(

if i am going to get a new card i think i will get 5850 since the 5870 is too much for my res 1440 *900

my 22 inch display drunk some Pepsi :lol: , i loved that monitor

in the other hand i can play crysis with max settings and 4 AA and it looks better than 1920*1080

with max settings + 0 x AA

looks great but expensive as well , and it seems that to get the benefit , you have to have 1080p monitor which i think 21 ` and up ...

still looking for the q9550 vs x4 955 , i can not believe it i read i can not remember the site ... dam it ..

Edited by N.E.A

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ATI/Rad...5870_CrossFire/

the answer i wanted 5870 in cf , but nothing about 5850 even in a single solution :(

if i am going to get a new card i think i will get 5850 since the 5870 is too much for my res 1440 *900

my 22 inch display drunk some Pepsi :lol: , i loved that monitor

in the other hand i can play crysis with max settings and 4 AA and it looks better than 1920*1080

with max settings + 0 x AA

looks great but expensive as well , and it seems that to get the benefit , you have to have 1080p monitor which i think 21 ` and up ...

still looking for the q9550 vs x4 955 , i can not believe it i read i can not remember the site ... dam it ..

The difference between a 955 and a 965 is minimal. You're making mountains out of molehills. You won't find any reviews of the 5850 yet only speculation and rumors. It hasn't been released yet. Though the rumored price of $259 and performance similar to a GTX285 is interesting. You'll have to wait for it like the rest of us.