5870 price range

N.E.A

The 9.9 driver is mostly a bugfix driver. If I recall correctly it's slower with the 4850 and faster with the higher end cards.

ATI doesn't really have any more problems than nVidia though if you ignore poor Crossfire optimization.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 9.9 driver is mostly a bugfix driver. If I recall correctly it's slower with the 4850 and faster with the higher end cards.

ATI doesn't really have any more problems than nVidia though if you ignore poor Crossfire optimization.

5870 is on the way ............

That's the biggest problem I have. Crossfire performance does not scale as well or in as many games as SLI. I am still looking for an ATI driver that works well with IL-2........

That's the biggest problem I have. Crossfire performance does not scale as well or in as many games as SLI. I am still looking for an ATI driver that works well with IL-2........

Mine too, considering I have a Crossfire card. :lol:

I'm seriously considering getting a 5870 just to get rid of the hassle of it (assuming they perform like the charts in this thread indicate).

Mine too, considering I have a Crossfire card. :lol:

I'm seriously considering getting a 5870 just to get rid of the hassle of it (assuming they perform like the charts in this thread indicate).

get a 4890 and clock it high enough the erase the difference :P. I'm getting over my 4870x2 rather quick with this spunky young pup

get a 4890 and clock it high enough the erase the difference :P. I'm getting over my 4870x2 rather quick with this spunky young pup

A 4890 can't do what my 4870X2 can do in most of the games I play. Hell, it doesn't even get close. :lol:

1920x1080, but I always use edge-detect antialiasing and 16x anisotropic filtering.

you mean the AA you can enable in CCC??? Is that better than the AA that the average game has?? (and something the 4890 wouldn't be able to handle as well??)

you mean the AA you can enable in CCC??? Is that better than the AA that the average game has?? (and something the 4890 wouldn't be able to handle as well??)

Yep. You can't do edge-detect without Crossfire. :P

I always have transparency antialiasing on as well.

any one who wants to get 5870 read this ....:)

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_5000_Leaks/1.html

5870 x2 included , .......................:)

it is huge...........:(

the cooler is very big , so i think it will be cooler than 4800 , and the fact that it is 40nm gpu makes it more cooler

i will be getting one guys , screw nvidia .......:P

Edited by N.E.A