5870 price range

N.E.A

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok , right now i am waiting till amd fix drivers to see what the 5870 can really do (oc )

if it can overclock like crazy on the stock cooler then i think there will be no need for the toxic unless you do not like the noise which no one does ...

i saw on techpowerup a water block for it and if the card overclock crazy on air just imagine what it will do when it is water cooled ..:)

ok , right now i am waiting till amd fix drivers to see what the 5870 can really do (oc )

if it can overclock like crazy on the stock cooler then i think there will be no need for the toxic unless you do not like the noise which no one does ...

i saw on techpowerup a water block for it and if the card overclock crazy on air just imagine what it will do when it is water cooled ..:)

I'm not sure it even needs to be overclocked to get great performance. At stock settings it's doing rather well.

I'm not sure it even needs to be overclocked to get great performance. At stock settings it's doing rather well.

yes it dominates at stock , but we are performance hungry ...

no matter how fast gpu/cpu we get we do overclock it ,.......

whats wrong with ATI'S drivers, dont tell me u are still living in 2006.

Edited by alentor

riva tuner does not work with 5870

i remember some one said it is because a driver issue .........

my hand tells me go and get one but my head tells me wait for gtx 300

i will wait for them since i want physx ..................tongue.gif

wacko are you there the fan boy is back tongue.gif

whos that someone? dont tell me its ur hand. HD5870 is a new Graphics card! so obviously it wont be supported in its first week. wait a month.

Edited by alentor

Hmm I'm kinda psyched about the overclocking features.. It looks like since you can adjust voltage you'll get more out of the cards than ever. I waited for this day when not only could you overclock your CPU but overclock the GPU in the same way and manner as the CPU w/o modding or anything.

Edited by Compxpert

Still looking for the Config file for RT and GPU Tool is not ready AMD GPU OC tool was promising till I had to spend a few hours in the registry when I applied the voltage to it.

I had no joy with either rivatuner or GPU Tool. I'll probably wait for an update from ATI before I try to clock it any higher. Had no troubles pushing the sliders all the way in CCC for 900/1300. I may look around later and see if any of the specific hardware vendors have an overclocking tool. I see the Asus model has adjustable voltage so they may have something that could work.

whos that someone? dont tell me its ur hand. HD5870 is a new Graphics card! so obviously it wont be supported in its first week. wait a month.

For the record NEA this isn't an AMD/ATI driver issue. The drivers are rivatuner and gpu tool's issue. They could use some support from the red team though. Being that it's release has just happend they all need a little more time to get some driver updates hammered out. I'm sure it's even more difficult when you can't get your hands on the hardware itself. AMD/ATI could do with a driver update to allow higher overclocks with their Catalyst Control Center beyond 900/1300 from the stock 850/1200. You can overclock the card now but just not by much.

For the record NEA this isn't an AMD/ATI driver issue. The drivers are rivatuner and gpu tool's issue. They could use some support from the red team though. Being that it's release has just happend they all need a little more time to get some driver updates hammered out. I'm sure it's even more difficult when you can't get your hands on the hardware itself. AMD/ATI could do with a driver update to allow higher overclocks with their Catalyst Control Center beyond 900/1300 from the stock 850/1200. You can overclock the card now but just not by much.

Since you said ASUS cards can be overclocked well...would this be all one would need?? I don't see why it'd have to be an Asus

I was alluding to the ability of the Asus 5870 to increase the voltage. Kind of the same thing with their 4890 voltage tweak card. I didn't give a blanket statement that all Asus cards overclock well.

I didn't mean that they overclock well but I was referring to the ability to actually do it, since they provide compatible overclocking software. By extension you could overclock and overvolt if you acquire the same software :thumbs-up:. I'm just trying to point ya in the right direction.

Edited by IVIYTH0S