my first "sucessful" overclock LOL

so i had a OLD gaming rig in my basement it had a p4 on a old intel board d101ggc, 9600 gso 2 gigs of ram, and i havent had any luck ocing my amd rig so i figured id play around a little and i just wanted to post my first sucessful overclock. i have it in a attachment below!

pentium4_overclock.bmp

so i had a OLD gaming rig in my basement it had a p4 on a old intel board d101ggc, 9600 gso 2 gigs of ram, and i havent had any luck ocing my amd rig so i figured id play around a little and i just wanted to post my first sucessful overclock. i have it in a attachment below!

my first overclock was on a p4 631 i got it on air 3.67 , very good

Edited by N.E.A

now that P4 is giving your 9750 a run for it's $$ :lol:

now that P4 is giving your 9750 a run for it's $$ :lol:

i cant overclock my 9750 for nothing, with my xfx 8200 ive tried everything except bumping the voltage up to like 1.5 or 1.45ish idk what im gunna do ill probly go intel for my next build

Edited by actionstan

i cant overclock my 9750 for nothing, with my xfx 8200 ive tried everything except bumping the voltage up to like 1.5 or 1.45ish idk what im gunna do ill probly go intel for my next build

being amd has nothing to do with it, nvidia chipsets suck for everyone, I've owned two intel boards where were nvidia chipset and they couldn't OC for jack. The new AMD's OC like childs play.

Man, if i were you i would just drop in a phenom 2 black edition. even with the xfx8200, you will still be able to achieve a respectable OC because of the unlocked multiplier. really there wouldnt be anything wrong with that at all. I really wouldnt be happy at all with a 2.4ghz quad. It would really bother me, i guess i would feel like i was stuck in the past or something. I am not saying there is anything wrong with your setup, I am just trying to relate

Man, if i were you i would just drop in a phenom 2 black edition. even with the xfx8200, you will still be able to achieve a respectable OC because of the unlocked multiplier. really there wouldnt be anything wrong with that at all. I really wouldnt be happy at all with a 2.4ghz quad. It would really bother me, i guess i would feel like i was stuck in the past or something. I am not saying there is anything wrong with your setup, I am just trying to relate

I agree, I always feel really depressed if I don't have atleast 3.0ghz running on my chips. (although I can't do anything about my laptop's 2.53ghz and my phone's 533mhz :lol:)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

i dont know i dont think the xfx 8200 has a place to change a cpu multiplyer i know mines locked but it should still show a place for it this mobos about a joke.. it was cheap and i didnt have alot of money.. i wanna upgrade to the BE phenom thats clocked at 3.2 and a good asus or gigabyte board with a 790 chipset

i dont know i dont think the xfx 8200 has a place to change a cpu multiplyer i know mines locked but it should still show a place for it this mobos about a joke.. it was cheap and i didnt have alot of money.. i wanna upgrade to the BE phenom thats clocked at 3.2 and a good asus or gigabyte board with a 790 chipset

you can't change the multiplier unless it's a Black Edition chip, and I agree that you should get a 790