New system build for overclocking

Basically you can decide between a 4890, 275 or 280. But my tip is to wait for the new DX11 cards to come out. Only a few more months. But if you can't wait, get a cheaper one so you can save some money.

but when the DX 11 cards come out they gunna be like over 300 dollars. I am not really hardcore gamer, i just wanted a machine that can kick butt overall, gaming too, but i mean im not gunna be like those guys that actually use 3 cards in triple crossfire/sli thats like nuts and most likely not needed.

The 4890 I can get an XFX one for 200. While the 275 i can get for 220 (add 20 dollars to both cuz there is mail in rebate)

so the price is the same pretty much, what would you guys prefer?

I heard that the 4890 makes a reallly annoying whistling noise whenever you do tests, and even in game menus... somethin bout the frame rates being too high?

is this the same for any card, or is it just this cards design defect? If its the card, screw that ill grab a 275

but when the DX 11 cards come out they gunna be like over 300 dollars. I am not really hardcore gamer, i just wanted a machine that can kick butt overall, gaming too, but i mean im not gunna be like those guys that actually use 3 cards in triple crossfire/sli thats like nuts and most likely not needed.

The 4890 I can get an XFX one for 200. While the 275 i can get for 220 (add 20 dollars to both cuz there is mail in rebate)

so the price is the same pretty much, what would you guys prefer?

I heard that the 4890 makes a reallly annoying whistling noise whenever you do tests, and even in game menus... somethin bout the frame rates being too high?

is this the same for any card, or is it just this cards design defect? If its the card, screw that ill grab a 275

my 4870 screeched sometimes, and my 260 screeched sometimes so I don't know what causes it. But I've never heard of it being a widespead issue. For some reason every card I've owned screeches at Stalker Clear Sky's main menu and usually folding causes my video cards to screech

I you are going to spend $220 on a 275... just get a 280 they're the same price

Edited by IVIYTH0S

my 4870 screeched sometimes, and my 260 screeched sometimes so I don't know what causes it. But I've never heard of it being a widespead issue. For some reason every card I've owned screeches at Stalker Clear Sky's main menu and usually folding causes my video cards to screech

I you are going to spend $220 on a 275... just get a 280 they're the same price

:withstupid: The best performance you can afford or get at this current point in reference would be the best.