Phenom II 965 overclock

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite the opposite really. It's 80 degrees F ambient right now. High humidity exacerbates the heat issues quite a bit. I think the Prolimatech coolers with 2 110CFM fans are what keeps the temps low. None of my systems are currently inside of cases either.

My 940@ 3.6Ghz is currently at 37 degrees C , Q9550 #1 @ 3.4Ghz is 45,42,44,44, Q9550 #2 @ 3.4Ghz is 47,45,45,45, and the 965 @ 3.8Ghz is still @ 45 degrees C. All @ 100% full load.

...there's no way. Even with monstrous coolers (hell, even water) you should be much higher than that. :blink:

I lost interest in the 965 again, though I still like your temps. your 940 gets about the same though and has such regained it's throne of my favorite processor

That would be nice if you could still buy a 940. Good luck finding one. This is the board that would take the 940 to 3.6Ghz with 1.5v. It takes the 965 to 3.9Ghz with 1.45v. Keep in mind it was just released so is still a bit overpriced. That will change with the i5 coming out soon. I have a feeling that the 955 will be your new likely favorite when AMD drops it's prices to compete with Intel's new offerings.

4Ghz fails time after time. It can boot into windows and run SuperPi but OCCT fails at 20 minutes in everytime. I'm pretty happy with 3.9Ghz at 1.45v and a temp of 45C at 100% load. Watercooling would likely take this higher but good aircooling is where I'm going to stop with this rig.

How did your motherboard survive 1.55v??? Mine won't even do 1.45v without burning up >.>

Your VRMs have no cooling just as mine don't. TA790GX 128M

Well, any quality board will be fine.. I've done 1.7-1.8V on a few Gigabyte boards... I think I've tried up to 2V on a P35-DS3R...

Well, any quality board will be fine.. I've done 1.7-1.8V on a few Gigabyte boards... I think I've tried up to 2V on a P35-DS3R...

Well he has the exact same board that I do minus Crossfire support. If I couldn't do 1.45v 3.6Ghz with my 940 in a room that is anywhere form 60 to 65F with a case with decent cooling... I just don't see what the deal is :(

When mine fried the area with the VRMs was nearly blackened.

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX

Well he has the exact same board that I do minus Crossfire support. If I couldn't do 1.45v 3.6Ghz with my 940 in a room that is anywhere form 60 to 65F with a case with decent cooling... I just don't see what the deal is :(

When mine fried the area with the VRMs was nearly blackened.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...t&p=1578100

See? Good boards can get it right. :)

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...t&p=1578100

See? Good boards can get it right. :)

I know, I was thinking of getting a new board after my incident. All I'm wondering is how two boards with exactly the same setup power wise can have so much different tolerances. His is pretty much the same price as mine as well since it is the same board.

How did your motherboard survive 1.55v??? Mine won't even do 1.45v without burning up >.>

Your VRMs have no cooling just as mine don't. TA790GX 128M

That CPU I run @ 1.4875v at 3.6Ghz 24/7. It will do 3.795Ghz with 1.5v. This board does make me nervous however I did get it free in a newegg combo deal. I added this

Enzotech Mosfet MST-81 to the VRM with Arctic Alumina Adhesive. Including the cost of the heatsink and the Arctic Alumina Adhesive I have $22.00 invested in the board. It's been running for about a month now rock solid.

Edited by rourkchris