need comment/suggestion on my new build....

altimett

hi all~

i`m gonna make a new rig for gaming, so i need your guys opinion on this computer setup i'm thinking of getting.

mobo - Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H

cpu - AMD Phenom II x2 550

gpu - Sapphire Radeon HD 4770

memory - OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500(1066mhz 2x2gb)

psu - corsair HX750W

hdd - WD black caviar 640B

and if u can, pls recommend me cpu cooler that suit best for this build....

thx in advance~

Edited by altimett

Yeah, I'd have to agree with going with the Gigabyte 770 board. You'll save some money in the long run and get nearly equal performance from them. If you go with the 770 though, you'll need DDR3 instead of the DDR2 you have picked out. There shouldn't be too much of a difference price wise between a 4GB DDR3 and a 4GB DDR2 kit, maybe 10-20 bucks at the most.

As for a cooler, you could look into the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer, or the Xigmatek HDT-S1283. Any of those would be able to cool your system better than the stock AMD cooler.

in addition you may be able to save a little money if you get 800mhz 4-4-4-12 memory and then you could get a 4850 or 4870 (last time I checked, the 4770 is more expensive than the 4850 even though it's weaker)

and maybe you could save more money with a Samsung/Hitachi drive, or get the brand new Seagate 7200.12 1TB for the same price as the slow WD GP 1TB

Edited by IVIYTH0S

As for a cooler, you could look into the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer, or the Xigmatek HDT-S1283. Any of those would be able to cool your system better than the stock AMD cooler.

Xigmatek HDT-S1283 look pretty good...

in addition you may be able to save a little money if you get 800mhz 4-4-4-12 memory and then you could get a 4850 or 4870 (last time I checked, the 4770 is more expensive than the 4850 even though it's weaker)

and maybe you could save more money with a Samsung/Hitachi drive, or get the brand new Seagate 7200.12 1TB for the same price as the slow WD GP 1TB

:withstupid: I agree I would not use a 4770 as a gaming card.