i7 950 stock running hot !!! help plz

i managed to build my own gaming rig and the specs are:-

My System Information

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 3GHz stock

Cooler:- Coolermaster v8

Board: ASUS P6t6 Revolution

Mem: 6GB Triple Channel DDR3 Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24

GPU: Nvidia 3 X XFX GTX 260 Core 216 3 WAY SLI 715/1270/1431 (Core/Memory/Shader)

HDD: 640GB S-ATA Seagate Baracuda 32 Mb Cache 7200 Rpm

Sound: SoundMAX Full HD 7.1 Channel

PSU: Corsair TX-850 Watts

i have serous problems with CPU heating issues even nothing is been overclocked except GPUZ..CPU is @ stock settings...

temp.jpg

Idle cpu temps are 41 39 42 36 according to core temp and in 100% load temps were 61 61 61 57.... also checked the temps while running prim95 small TFTs still load temps are the same...please help

Edited by kayawish24

Those temps actually aren't that bad.

I7's tend to run hotter then other chips.

How much thermal paste did you use?

i used little paste which was artic freezer and then i spreed it all over cpu...but i put little paste

Those idle temps are relatively normal, the load temps are a bit high for that cooler though.

Really I wouldn't worry about them.

If it makes you feel better you could try reseating the cooler, but those temps aren't anything to worry about.

Like the others those are normal temperatures that you are seeing. I am using a TRUE and 2- 85CFM 38MM Scythe fans and get load temps at 100% load while folding of 46C. Now with Prime 95 the same chip runs into the 70's at 4.1GHz

i think i shall change this v8 cooler to Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 - Retail

100700335_gr.jpg

my be the temps go down

Perhaps, not by a huge amount, maybe 2-5c if you are lucky, your temps are fine if you want colder, get watercooling or Phase change, only real way of getting it below the 60 mark under full load.