newbie vid card advice.....

look i'm not saying i didn't fall for the hype..... i didn't realize that crossfire was just gonna get trumped by single cards..... i am not trying to ignore you with the 4890 suggestion, i appreciate the input..... i just don't want to wait any longer for the price to drop on a 4890....plain and simple the 4870 is cheaper than a 4890 everywhere i CAN buy from, thats why i haven't considered going higher than that....

i totally see what you are saying.... but finances are definitely in the scenario here, same as why i got the phenom dual core instead of a quad...... just want something better than what i have currently as it is very unreliable as of late

thanks again for the help, i am TRYING to keep an open mind here...... and so far i am willing to entertain ideas from others too

i will create a new thread once i have everything going and let you know how i like it

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I think I'm finally seeing the problem here. You're in Canada, but didn't notice, and you didn't clarify that your budgets were in CAD, so while a 4890 is under $200 here in the states, it's probably not in Canada. Am I right?

I think that's where the confusion is on the 4890 stuff.

well then, i think i have decided....it will be a 4870 and no offense to Ccokeman but i think i will just be going new.....looks like he has quite a few bites anyways! now onto another thread and see about suggestions on memory..... thanks again for all the help! will be a constant user of this thread from now on! pics and such to follow once it's built!