Core failing prime stock settings?

Well, today, I've had 3 BSODs in 3 hours. I checked all my BIOS settings, which have been at stock for a while now. My second core decided to fail during the blend test and I popped the voltage up a touch before typing this out and I'm gonna start prime up again. If it actually takes more voltage to be stable at stock, should I get a new chip?

I was going to say, run memtest to check the RAM. If the memtest fails, replace the RAM and run Prime again. If Prime fails with RAM that passes memtest, get a new CPU as well.

Man, it's just amazing to me how fast people jump to spending money to fix their OC. Maybe it's just a temp issue, or maybe you just need to adjust some secondary voltages a bit. Why are you so quick to just buy a whole new chip just because the OC wiggles a littlle bit? People are always so quick to throw money at OC issues.

Man, it's just amazing to me how fast people jump to spending money to fix their OC. Maybe it's just a temp issue, or maybe you just need to adjust some secondary voltages a bit. Why are you so quick to just buy a whole new chip just because the OC wiggles a littlle bit? People are always so quick to throw money at OC issues.

Well, it isn't OCd anymore, if it was, I'd have played with the voltages and other stuff like I usually do. It was just weird that I was getting BSODs left and right just gaming. So I ran prime95 blend, second thread died, figured it was my 720 but after running the small FFT test and 2 cores threw an error. So I freaked a bit, ran Memtest overnight and saw that it had an error. I knocked the speed down on my RAM, kept it at stock voltage and it hasn't had a problem since. I'm gonna run another few tests tonight, but I'm thinking its the RAM atm.

Well, it isn't OCd anymore, if it was, I'd have played with the voltages and other stuff like I usually do. It was just weird that I was getting BSODs left and right just gaming. So I ran prime95 blend, second thread died, figured it was my 720 but after running the small FFT test and 2 cores threw an error. So I freaked a bit, ran Memtest overnight and saw that it had an error. I knocked the speed down on my RAM, kept it at stock voltage and it hasn't had a problem since. I'm gonna run another few tests tonight, but I'm thinking its the RAM atm.

it's almost always RAM, RAM can be so troublesome in the OC'n world