So build finish but temps are weird.

oK SO THE ABS canyon build is done

now at load at 3.0 ghz temps are at low 60s and won't move

3.6 temps are mid 70s and won't move

and 4.0 which i got stable it hits 93 c and goes down to 87 c,is this normal or not?i am just thinking of leaving it to 3.0 as it is the safest so i assume

my q9550 use to never pass 43 c at full load at 3.6 ghz

Edited by rud3bwoy

oK SO THE ABS canyon build is done

now at load at 3.0 ghz temps are at low 60s and won't move

3.6 temps are mid 70s and won't move

and 4.0 which i got stable it hits 93 c and goes down to 87 c,is this normal or not?i am just thinking of leaving it to 3.0 as it is the safest so i assume

my q9550 use to never pass 43 c at full load at 3.6 ghz

I would be much afraid of those temps. Try re setting your heat sink and fan. My cpu was running up in the 40s to high 50s when i checked my cpufan and it just wasnt spinning. It had went out and i have no idea for how long. I know it had to be a while and i didnt notice. I got lucky it didnt burn up my cpu. The only thing that saved me was my H.S. was so huge it kept the cpu <70 even without the fan. I was wondering why my folding kept rebooting my computer. Anywayz Those temps are high in my book. Too high. So see if its accurate if the H.S. isnt the problem

Sure is a shame that a $3K+ custom build won't do 4 Ghz without overheating.

What are the specs of the system (rad,block,cpu)?

If it idles at 30ish degrees and loads to 90 its your H.S. Without question. I don't really know anything about water cooling though, do you still mount a sink on the chip the same way as with air?