l33t's "woot I haz D5000!" Thread

Yes, viewfinder and manual focus. I don't have the AF lens, they were too damn expensive and weren't worth it.

The D5000 body was 849.99 at pitman photo suply.

I'll pm you some full res shots, some are just plain awesome.

I never use the LCD, except for some shots when its really dark, the viewfinder is much more accurate.

The total with the camera, the 8 gig 30 mb/s card (blazing fast), 2 UV filters, 18-105 lens, and 70-300 lens, with tax was almost 2000 dollars.

Wow that is quite the price tag.

I was happy to get my d40 with a kit lens for under $500!

When doing manual focus, i found that my d40 has a slight back focus issue.

When it tells me it is in focus, the focus is actually shifted back a bit. What you might try to do is focus it, to where it says it is focus, then move the focus just slightly and see if you get better results.

Wow that is quite the price tag.

I was happy to get my d40 with a kit lens for under $500!

When doing manual focus, i found that my d40 has a slight back focus issue.

When it tells me it is in focus, the focus is actually shifted back a bit. What you might try to do is focus it, to where it says it is focus, then move the focus just slightly and see if you get better results.

Yeah, mine does that, but that's not the issue. If I press the button for the picture halfway, it changes the focus, then I can do one final adjustment for it to be more in focus. If I just focus, then take a picture, it will focus by itself and make it all blurry.

Yeah, mine does that, but that's not the issue. If I press the button for the picture halfway, it changes the focus, then I can do one final adjustment for it to be more in focus. If I just focus, then take a picture, it will focus by itself and make it all blurry.

Does the lens have an AF button?

Mine has a switch that i put in manual when i want to control it.

IF the lens doesn't check that the body can be put in manual, set focus and shoot away!

Does the lens have an AF button?

Mine has a switch that i put in manual when i want to control it.

IF the lens doesn't check that the body can be put in manual, set focus and shoot away!

Silly me... AF was on all along... :unsure:

I wouldn't have taken it in an offensive way, you would have been trying to help, and this is my first camera that isn't a point and shoot. :lol:

I wouldn't have taken it in an offensive way, you would have been trying to help, and this is my first camera that isn't a point and shoot. :lol:

It is very daunting to try to take a new camera up and just be able to use it.

I have had mine for a while and still shoot in the wrong mode, wrong setting etc.

With practice comes familiarization.

Only when you are familiar or proficient with the camera, taking pictures with it will become second nature.

• 1 month later...

I do agree that the flash is overused, but I like the way it creates a smudged outline around the leaves in the first 2 pictures.

As much as memes annoy me I cant help but think "MMMM WOTERZ" on that last one.

GLOBAL WARMING CAT SAYS DONT WAST WOARTERZ