CPU-Z Wrong?

As long as I've been into overclocking, I've always heard that CPU-Z was the most accurate instrument to measure your CPU speed, but I've got a problem with it.

I set my Q9550 in the bios as 452 X 8.5 and the BIOS told me I was running at 3840 MHz, and Realtemp reads the same as my BIOS, but CPU-Z (v 1.49 if you're interested) reads 452 X 8.0 and tells me i'm trunning at 3615 MHz... I'm just confused...

I figured something was out of whack, so I started up 3Dmark06 and it agrees with Realtemp that I'm running with the 8.5x multi, as well as windows and Prime 95, and every other program I have that reads CPU speed.

Anybody got any ideas?

thanks,

-Turo-

Not surew what is the latest version number as I am not sitting at my PC but I am 100% sure it reads my q9550 using the 8.5 multi Turo.

Try updating your version maybe.

I had this problem with my E7400. The 10.5 multi read as 10 in CPU-Z. Updating the version of CPU-Z did not fix the problem for me, but a BIOS update did.

thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah, as soon as I saw that there was an updated version, I jumped on it, but still no dice with v 1.51. A BIOS update looks like what I need since I haven't actually updated this one yet. I'll let y'all know what happens after that.