i7 920 D0 on Air

I got this thing together last night, its just on air cooling with a TRUE and a single medium speed fan. I will try to put it on the phase change latter tonight or tomorrow...

3800prime.jpg

4368j.jpg

d0superpi.jpg

4300i.jpg

I got this thing together last night, its just on air cooling with a TRUE and a single medium speed fan. I will try to put it on the phase change latter tonight or tomorrow...

What batch #? Yours seems to take a lot more voltage than my D0, both of them in fact.

What batch #? Yours seems to take a lot more voltage than my D0, both of them in fact.

This is a 3849A895, there were several of us got this batch from the guy on ebay. From what I have seen of the others and mine there no better than the C0. I know I have a C0 my best of 3 will do what this D0 does. I am not impressed with this chip, as we know not all chips are the same. I will keep it for crunching I guess and get another...

This is a 3849A895, there were several of us got this batch from the guy on ebay. From what I have seen of the others and mine there no better than the C0. I know I have a C0 my best of 3 will do what this D0 does. I am not impressed with this chip, as we know not all chips are the same. I will keep it for crunching I guess and get another...

That stinks. I've found that overclocking these D0 chips are a little different from the C0 counterparts. Both of mine don't like high vtt voltage until a lot of vcore is applied. Both of my D0 chips at 4.6GHz need only 1.35v vtt to run, and that's on 1.4v vcore. If I run 1.6v+ through the chip then I need C0 level vtt, but until then it will just cause instability.

It does seem though that the earlier your chip is, the better it overclocks. It's not a good trend and I'm worried that by the time all the 920 chips in the retail channel are D0s they may not overclock much better than the C0 :(