125C!!!

nate794

A good rule of thumb I found with my video cards, which were hitting 106C sometimes cus they needed thermal paste reapplied, is that if its temp is above boiling point of 100C but u touch it and it doesn't burn the $#!7 out of your hand then your not getting proper thermal transference in which you probably just need to reapply thermal compound. Now if the temp is something outrageous like you have its either a software defect or its dead.

A good rule of thumb I found with my video cards, which were hitting 106C sometimes cus they needed thermal paste reapplied, is that if its temp is above boiling point of 100C but u touch it and it doesn't burn the $#!7 out of your hand then your not getting proper thermal transference in which you probably just need to reapply thermal compound. Now if the temp is something outrageous like you have its either a software defect or its dead.

His GPU is only at 62C! I think it's a duff or not present mobo sensor? ;)

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paulktreg

His GPU is only at 62C! I think it's a duff or not present mobo sensor? ;)

Cheers

Paul

I was merely stating how to tell if its something you can fix like poor contact or a bad sensor.. I just used my GPU as an example is all. Its pretty much applicable in all situations not just with GPUs.

Edited by Compxpert