125C!!!

nate794

Im sure this is a wrong temp but, it freaked me out at first. It would be on fire if it was that hot! :blink: :angry2:

Is the gpu temp to high??

post-67057-1240704222_thumb.jpg

Edited by nate794

hey, welcome to the occ forum;

that temp is probably a result of a bad sensor... seems fairly common actually.

anything under 100C for a gpu should be fine, but the cooler the better of course.

occt is an excellent temp monitoring program and it's free... it can be downloaded here.

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

Yes, it is too high. Is it a passively cooled card?

If not, consider cleaning up the fan and reseat the heatsink while you're at it. Also try improving the airflow inside your case

Isn't that Temp for the Northbridge chipset which includes the 780a video? And if you are using onboard video and working your graphics, your temps could be above 100 degrees, but that does seem high?

Edited by Great_Gig

I'll go take a quick look at the temps on my 780A and see if it uses the same sensors and if so what they are.

EDIT: Not the same sensor, but interesting findings anyway. I can't figure out what it might be...I fired up the X4 system (was off due to heat) and it was reading low for "TMPIN2" then it slowly went up to the 30C range. After letting it start GPU folding not much changed, though SMP folding kicked up the heat. The only thing that I noticed that seemed to heat up accordingly based on the "finger test" was the heatsink over the CPU power regulation. So you may want to look into that on your board.

post-10771-1240709096_thumb.png

(Ignore the extra black area, that's the "extended" desktop area for the other monitors that don't exist for the GPU2 client)

On a side note, I bet it's your CPU doing it...you should trade CPUs with me and that'll fix your problem :)

Edited by cchalogamer

See the above edit, also if they arent warm under load they aren't doing their job. The idea of a heatsink is to pull heat away from something. Though if not under load then that's not much to go on.

Hmm, your northbridge heatsink is normally hot to the touch, certainly on the boards I have it is. Maybe as said ^, if it's not drawing heat away, then your northbridge could be overheating. Maybe you need to check that and ensure it's seated correctly and maybe take it off and reapply with some good thermal paste like Arctic Silver 5?

My testbed rig uses onboard video and the northbridge gets hot, around 85-90 degrees at times, so if yours is not set right that could be it?

Edited by Great_Gig