List for Watercooling Setup

Copie

Hello guys, this is my list for my new watercooling setup and am after some opinions on it:

Computer specs are

Haf 932 Case

Intel i7 920 (currently at 3.8ghz may go a tad higher)

6gb Corsair Dominator Ram

gtx 295

hard drives etc

Im planning to put the 295 in the loop as well.

List consists of:

Danger Den MC-TDX Multi-Core I7 Nehalem/1366 Block -95

EK-FC295 GTX SLI - Plexi -210

Black ICE GTX Xtreme 480 - 230

Danger Den D5 12V Pump 1/2" 165

ClearFlex 60- 1/2in. ID by 3/4in. OD x4 -48

Danger Den Delrin/Acetal "T" -13

Danger Den High Flow Fittings 1/2" x3 12

Alphacool Flow indicator with filter G1/4" 20.00

Danger Den Fillport Reservoir Bay 25

prices are in AUD.

The main questions is:

Is the CPU block on the better side of blocks?

The radiator Large/thick enough to cool both the i7 and 295?

Thanks

Hi. I'm not a watercooling guru nor I have a watercooling but from I have been reading about watercooling:

-The CPU waterblock is a nice one, in the top 10 I would say (but that's just me).

-The radiator should be more than enough to cool the i7 and GTX295 and you have room to upgrade your loop if you wish, the radiator won't let you down, it's a big and nice radiator.

P.S. Overall you have a nice w/c system there. Hope the other guys that have experience with w/c will reply soon. Good luck :)

I wouldn't go with Danger Den. They are being left in the dust by the rest of the market. The Switfech GTZ or D-tek Fuzion v2 have been the more popular blocks lately. I prefer the D-tek. Theres been some newer blocks out that i've heard good things about like the Heatkiller.

The EK blocks are good. No complaints here.

The rad i'd go with a Thermochill or a Feser if you can find/afford one.

Pump I will always go with a MCP355 with aftermarket top from Petra's or XSPC...probably XSPC now concidering the availability of Petra's top now. Plus the XSPC performs better.

Tubing brands i've used are Tygon and Primochill. Both were good for me. Never used Clearflex so I can't really comment on it. Feser makes good tubing too and colored tubing on top of that if looks are important.

The flow indicator isn't really needed.

Some bay mounted res's really suck for getting air out of the loop. I'd take a look at the Swiftech micro res. Very good design and easy to mount just about anywhere.

OP - You're getting some good solid advice from Raiderfan.

I have a couple different thoughts than Raider but overall we're pretty close;

*Pump - Swiftech MCP655 (B) or regular, (B) version doesn't have speed control

*CPU Block - DTek Fuzion v2 + v2 Quad Core Insert

*Radiator - Thermochill PA120.2 or PA120.3

*I like the recently redesigned Swiftech micro res. IF you want to use a resv. they have really improved the design

*I've used Clearflex, Tygon and Primochill tubing. The Clearflex is fine and a good price. The Primochill has been the most flexible. However I think most of the water cooling pros would probably recommend Tygon. I currently ust the Primochill.

Hope this helps.

Edited by wevsspot

The price difference between the MCR320 and the thermochill and feser rads really do not justify the two or 3 degree temperature difference. They are nice products but the swiftech rad does very well for half the price.

Cheers guys for the advice, being that i cant get the majority of the stuff you reccomend ill have to stick to the list with the exception of switching the cpu block to the GTZ and changing the pump to the swiftech and going for the micro res as suggested.

Ive also looked at cutting back the radiator and going for the 360mm one to the 480, purely as the 360 will fit easily inside my HAF case.

will that 4x80mm rad fit in that case? if so, it'll be tight. i'd look into a 2x120. with a 2x120, you'll get more surface area of cooling and still come out a lot cheaper (look at black ice ii 2x120, i have it and it performs great)

The price difference between the MCR320 and the thermochill and feser rads really do not justify the two or 3 degree temperature difference. They are nice products but the swiftech rad does very well for half the price.

I can vouch for the Swiftech radiators. While they may not be the very best in the pack, they are certainly a good value vs. performance option.

I've been using the Swiftech MCR220 QP for a couple of years now and have been very satisfied with it.

Moving on to water blocks. After doing some research on the current crop of available water blocks (i'm still using an old Swiftech Apogee) I've found that there are better choices at similar price points.

A couple that are getting rave reviews are the Heatkiller 3.0 and EK Supreme models.