Yate Loon 1650 RPM 120mm fans

Nasha

Why would a fan be good at intake but not at exhaust, or vice versa? That doesn't make any sense to me. Either it moves enough air or it doesn't, right?

As for the Yate Loons, I think they're great. I have a bunch of them and I think they're the only reasonably priced fan on the market right now.

Verran is correct. All fans work the same for intake and exhaust. If they move the same amount of air (assuming the manufacturer reported true numbers), they will work equally as well. The only time when CFM isn't the end-all is on heatsinks. Those work better with a higher static pressure. Fans with a low static pressure will lose a lot of their rated CFM because of the restriction of the heatsink. Higher static pressure fans will keep near their rated CFM, albeit with more noise probably.

Well, i figure if air is trying to come out of any and all orifices in my case I won't have to worry about dust as much, then once you consider 5 intake vs 3 exhaust it's kinda inevitable unless im using either really low CFM intake or really high CFM (and loud) exhaust. With the controller though I can tweak with it and end up finding out what works best.

haha, well in your case I think positive air pressure would be fine anyway.

You're using a 690 right? The one with 7 120mm fan mounts?

Just load it up with fans and I doubt you'd have any problems.

Edited by hojin994