Phenom II 940 on H2O

Nuclear

I finally got my water cooling system and new motherboard installed over the weekend. I haven't installed my XP benching image yet, but I did sit down tonight and play with the 940 on the new setup. This chip responds very well to cooler temperatures and the initial results are very promising.

On air this chip would do 4GHz at 1.53v. Here's what it'll do on water with 1.475v :)

940_4100.jpg

In case anyone else is interested, here are my quick BIOS settings:

HT / NB: 1.8GHz

CPU Voltage: 1.475

CPU VDDA: 2.7v

NB-CPU Voltage: 1.4v

DRAM Voltage: 2.1v

HT Voltage: 1.3v

SB Voltage: 1.3v

This chip should do 4.2-4.3GHz on water without much tweaking based on my initial results and what I have seen with the 7+ 940s I've tested. After I find the max it'll do on water I'll begin tweaking the HT and NB speeds to the highest at the given clock speed. My OS is crap right now so I'm waiting to run the benches after I find my sweet spot and have loaded my good image.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll keep this thread updated with all of my results as I get them.

At 1.475v all 4 cores idle around 32C and load around 40C. That gives me plenty of headroom to up the voltage and gain some overall speed.

Yeah I'm using the Cooler Master V8 on my Phenom IIs and I also noticed the difference between idle and load temps is not much... Much less than what I'm used to on Intel chips...

Hopefully I will get some time soon to put them under dice :D