1st Blu-Ray movie

InCrYsIs

I just got a Blu-Ray player. What should the first movie I buy be to really get the experience? Preferably SCI-FI or Action.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the most stunning Blu-rays I have is Kingdom of Heaven...

but if you want to stay within your genre, I think the absolute BEST sci-fi blu-ray you can get right now is The Fifth Element. Be sure to get the Remastered one. Supposedly the first blu-ray release of it had good sound but terrible picture. The Remastered version looks and sounds beautiful. It's the first sci-gi bluray I bought, and already being a fan of the movie, it made me love it all that much more.

If you're into chix get ULTRAVIOLET on Blu-Ray. She will knock your drwawers off! Flik is shot in total HI DEF so you get the the best experience!

Milla is hit- melt your crap- in this one one!

Other:

Blood Diamond

Resident Evil (all)

Training Day (oscar winner Denzel Washinghton).

Have fun popping your Blu-Ray Cherry!!!

Bottom line: Regular DVD's Upconverted onto a 1080p 5ms or better set look just as good as Blu-Ray, by a hare! :)

Edit: Get Terminator 3 or Starship Troopers...

Hope you have 20/ 20 vision or better or contacts or eyeglasses... It's that good!!! :blink:

Edited by MINDSCI

If you're into chix get ULTRAVIOLET on Blu-Ray. She will knock your drwawers off! Flik is shot in total HI DEF so you get the the best experience!

Milla is hit- melt your crap- in this one one!

Other:

Blood Diamond

Resident Evil (all)

Training Day (oscar winner Denzel Washinghton).

Have fun popping your Blu-Ray Cherry!!!

Bottom line: Regular DVD's Upconverted onto a 1080p 5ms or better set look just as good as Blu-Ray, by a hare! :)

One problem with ultraviolet is its a terrible movie. Resident evil extinction is a thought. I already have the Resident Evil degeneration cgi movie on dvd. I would have gotten that.

Edited by InCrYsIs

I already have transformers on HD-DVD for my defunct hd add on to xbox360. I do love fifth element though. I was thinking of buying wanted too.

Was 5th Element worth the Blu-Ray investment? My Maganavox Blu-Ray player upconverts regular DVD's Perfectly? I love that flik although! :withstupid:

Was 5th Element worth the Blu-Ray investment? My Maganavox Blu-Ray player upconverts regular DVD's Perfectly? I love that flik although! :withstupid:

I just got the magnavox too so thats good to hear. 5th element is an awesome movie.

One problem with ultraviolet is its a terrible movie. Resident evil extinction is a thought. I already have the Resident Evil degeneration cgi movie on dvd. I would have gotten that.

Jeez, either you hated the genre, or or you hated the story, or the chick? Anways! luckily there is diversity... What fliks do you like? :)

Jeez, either you hated the genre, or or you hated the story, or the chick? Anways! luckily there is diversity... What fliks do you like? :)

Here's what I have on HD-DVD: Batman Begins, 300, Transformers, Beowulf, Knocked Up, King Kong and Space Cowboys. I love all these movies with the exception of Beowulf. I am considering getting Dark Knight on Blu-Ray.

Best Buy has 5th Element re-mastered for 15 bucks.

Edited by InCrYsIs