Unable to Enable SLI

Ok I can't figure this out. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers multiple times, even running drivercleaner pro, and using stock and modified XG drivers. I have the SLI bridge installed, the mobo switches moved to enable SLI and got the power cables plugged in.

I had a BFG 8800GT 512mb, and got a 9800GT 512mb. I flashed my 8800GT to a 9800GT BIOS. The system shows I have 2 9800GT's installed, but no SLI. Nhancer says SLI Disabled along with GPU-Z. The old 8800GT is in the primary slot, and the new 9800GT is in the secondary slot.

What do I have to do to get SLI enabled around here? I've searched google, OCC, and other sites. Can't find a fix. See my specs in sig.

Edited by HoLoDreaM

Don't you have to enable it in the nvidia control panel first?

Yes you need to enable it in your Nvidia controle panel.

You might need to update that as well and try installing there performance groupe.

Edited by STRAITPEAK

It is NOWHERE to be found in the Nvidia control panel.

Oh and nHancer says "SLI Setup Detected" and below it it says "SLI Disabled" in red.

Edited by HoLoDreaM

I've got the latest WHQL Nvidia drivers from their site, and Ntune. I'll try the first 2 links

EDIT: physx already installed. and one of the installers in the nvidia performance group says it is already installed (im guessing it sees ntune)

EDIT2: Still can't find Enable SLI

Edited by HoLoDreaM

I've got the latest WHQL Nvidia drivers from their site, and Ntune. I'll try the first 2 links

EDIT: physx already installed. and one of the installers in the nvidia performance group says it is already installed (im guessing it sees ntune)

EDIT2: Still can't find Enable SLI

Remove controle panle or ntune and replace with the performance group

Well i can't remove the control panel..

Installed Performance.. Still no Enable SLI option.. i have found SO many threads for this problem, but have not found ONE answer

Edited by HoLoDreaM

Well i can't remove the control panel..

Installed Performance.. Still no Enable SLI option.. i have found SO many threads for this problem, but have not found ONE answer

What driver are you using? SLI would not work at first for me ether. The driver now is 182.08

hey Holodream.

I was attempting to sli a 7950gt and a 9800gt a while back and the BFG tech rep, that i spoke to for the same issue, told me that you cannot sli two unalike cards. The reason that I say that is the info in my head is scetchy and may be incorrect. :unsure: And i cannot remember why for the life of me.

good luck B:)

Edited by boinker

Im using the latest drivers and have tried many different versions.

I am very aware you cannot SLI two unalike cards. The thing is. early editiion 9800GTs (like mine) have the identical core as an 8800gt, just a different bios.

I just split my partition and installed a Vista Ultimate 64bit fresh copy and isntalled the latest drivers, and i still diont have an SLI option, so it cant be a windows issues. I'm gonna try and give the real 9800gt the same bios as the my fake 9800gt

Im using the latest drivers and have tried many different versions.

I am very aware you cannot SLI two unalike cards. The thing is. early editiion 9800GTs (like mine) have the identical core as an 8800gt, just a different bios.

I just split my partition and installed a Vista Ultimate 64bit fresh copy and isntalled the latest drivers, and i still diont have an SLI option, so it cant be a windows issues. I'm gonna try and give the real 9800gt the same bios as the my fake 9800gt

Have you tryed updating your Motherboard with the newest 570 sli drivers?