Noctua SE1366 or TRUE 120?

Limegrntaln

Well I ended up with the TRUE 120, After ccokeman tested it against the Noctuas 2 fans to the TRUEs 1 fan. And they were dead even, so to me adding a second fan should offer a slight increase in performance.

I really like the mounting with the Noctua, but I couldnt get over the Flesh colored fans. If my case was a different color maybe... On a side note I ordered it from the Heatsink Factory and had a FedEx tracking number in under an hour. It will be here tomorrow (Friday) and I will post some pictures of it and if I can get it lapped and installed tomorrow I will. I also ordered an extra fan and fan holder as well for push pull. I just hope it fits in my case without too many modifications. I am already planning on taking off my 4 fan side panel and putting the 2 fans underneath blowing up into the case. The floor of the case is mostly mesh with mounting holes for 2x120mm fans.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I ended up with the TRUE 120, After ccokeman tested it against the Noctuas 2 fans to the TRUEs 1 fan. And they were dead even, so to me adding a second fan should offer a slight increase in performance.

I really like the mounting with the Noctua, but I couldnt get over the Flesh colored fans. If my case was a different color maybe... On a side note I ordered it from the Heatsink Factory and had a FedEx tracking number in under an hour. It will be here tomorrow (Friday) and I will post some pictures of it and if I can get it lapped and installed tomorrow I will. I also ordered an extra fan and fan holder as well for push pull. I just hope it fits in my case without too many modifications. I am already planning on taking off my 4 fan side panel and putting the 2 fans underneath blowing up into the case. The floor of the case is mostly mesh with mounting holes for 2x120mm fans.

cool, tell us how it goes!

Yeah it should be here any minute, FedEx usually comes mid morning. I hate waiting... ... ... ... Then I'm going to auto zone and getting some sandpaper. I have 1500, 1800, 2000, 3200, 6400, 8000 and 12,000 grit here. I need to pick up some 200, 400, 600 and 1000 lapping is going to suck.

Edited by Limegrntaln

Yeah it should be here any minute, FedEx usually comes mid morning. I hate waiting... ... ... ... Then I'm going to auto zone and getting some sandpaper. I have 1500, 1800, 2000, 3200, 6400, 8000 and 12,000 grit here. I need to pick up some 200, 400, 600 and 1000 lapping is going to suck.

pick me up some, my TRUE hasn't gotten's flattening treatment

I might get some paper for you, but I'm sure my hands are going to be crying when I'm done so you may have to lap yourself. :P I wish the FedEx guy would get here, Im getting impatient. I need to take my POS Coolermaster N520 off and return it. I also need to go to Frys which is 50 miles away and get another copy of Winders I only have 2 32 bit DVDs, I had for my Pentium 4 before I got the i7 running. So I'm running Windows 7 64 bit full time, which has proved to be more of a pain then its worth. Format my Caviar Black and install, then move everything over to the new install. Come on FedEx.... ... ... ...

I might get some paper for you, but I'm sure my hands are going to be crying when I'm done so you may have to lap yourself. :P I wish the FedEx guy would get here, Im getting impatient. I need to take my POS Coolermaster N520 off and return it. I also need to go to Frys which is 50 miles away and get another copy of Winders I only have 2 32 bit DVDs, I had for my Pentium 4 before I got the i7 running. So I'm running Windows 7 64 bit full time, which has proved to be more of a pain then its worth. Format my Caviar Black and install, then move everything over to the new install. Come on FedEx.... ... ... ...

what's wrong with Win 7, I use it full time on my desktop and it runs great.

what's wrong with Win 7, I use it full time on my desktop and it runs great.

Yeah it runs good. Its just not as stable as I would like it. Not everything I try to use is compatible with it. I have some software that I need to use, but it doesnt support windows 7...yet...

Ok as promised here are some pictures. I started to lap it as soon as I got it, and you guys were right it was a pita. (56K nightmare) I will take some pics of it installed tomorrow, the lighting in my computer room is really bad at night. Overclocked to 3.8 temps are in the 50s

dsc00967ld7.jpg

dsc00970ro3.jpg

dsc00972uf1.jpg

dsc00976tc0.jpg

dsc00978xv6.jpg

dsc00979gb0.jpg

dsc00987ia1.jpg

dsc00975wd4.jpg

dsc00974ym6.jpg

dsc00985zd0.jpg

Edited by Limegrntaln

Yeah the temps are awesome!! I need to get some pics of it installed. I had to remove the quad side fan panel, the cooler is only about half an inch too big to run that at the same time. I actually like it like it is though with the inside exposed. I just have to flip the case over and mount the 2 side door fans underneath and they will blow into the case. :thumbs-up: