Some Phenom II Overclocking

Baulten

WOW Nice i Love AMD and the Phenom II Rullz.

Now I have and Phenom X3 2300 Mhz and Phenom 2 will be my Next Buy after i will buy The New Videocard 4870 Sapphire Toxic Vapor-X 1 Gb and 2x2 Muskin 1066 Mhz DDR 2.

Nice Review of Some Phenom II Overclocking . 5 Stars from me. See You Bye

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello iviythos, i just started over clocking , getting help from nuclear,baulten and a few others. i purchase Patriot Viper 8500 4 g sets, got two of them, so iam running 8 g's. there supposed to run at 1066. i contacted patriot and they suggested i set the memory timings at 5-5-5-15 or 6-6-6-18, so ive made the attempt to do that, also, they suggested running dram voltage at 2.1 to 2.5, ive got it set at 2.2. i dont know much about setting up the memory, any suggestions. i did notice about a 4 second differnce running the 1M test on super pi when i went from either 2.0 or 1.8 to 1.6 on the HT freq. i sure would like to no how to get is to run better.thanks for any help, see ya later on.

hello iviythos, i just started over clocking , getting help from nuclear,baulten and a few others. i purchase Patriot Viper 8500 4 g sets, got two of them, so iam running 8 g's. there supposed to run at 1066. i contacted patriot and they suggested i set the memory timings at 5-5-5-15 or 6-6-6-18, so ive made the attempt to do that, also, they suggested running dram voltage at 2.1 to 2.5, ive got it set at 2.2. i dont know much about setting up the memory, any suggestions. i did notice about a 4 second differnce running the 1M test on super pi when i went from either 2.0 or 1.8 to 1.6 on the HT freq. i sure would like to no how to get is to run better.thanks for any help, see ya later on.

If you would like help with your OC I would suggest starting a thread and we'll be glad to help you out. I'll give you a few quick pointers here and if you have any questions feel free to PM me, I'm always available.

- First off you'll have a harder time attempting to overclock with 8GB of RAM, it causes the on die memory controller to work harder which in turn puts added stress on your CPU. Overclocking with just the multi helps to alleviate this problem.

- I would not run more than 2.2v through your RAM, 2.3v is possible with very good cooling on the RAM but to be safe keep it at or under 2.2v.

- The tighter you can get your timings the better your system will run. Running 6-6-6-18 timings will help reduce the load on the cpu which is why Patriot suggested this. That RAM is designed to run at 5-5-5-15 so I would do my best to get it running at those speeds.

- I'm betting that you noticed an increase in performance with a higher HT because right now your HT and NB speeds are linked. I would leave your HT link at 1.8GHz for now and attempt to get the NB speeds as high as you can. Bump your CPU-NB voltage up (not vcore) and try to get the NB running at least 2.2GHz. The higher you can get the NB the higher your memory bandwidth will be and more system performance you will get. I would recommend running no more than 1.38-1.4v through your CPU-NB voltages. Watch your temps when adjusting this value as it will cause your CPU temp to increase slightly.

oh i left out some other infor, in bios, when i went to set memory timings, the only thing i adjusted was cl-rcd-rp-ras, i dont know a thing about any of the other memory settings, thats more then likely why iam loose. so your basically saying there not all set at same speed? iam running a M3A79-T deluxe, has room for 4 video cards, but i am only running 2 now. running the ultra-120 with a NF-P12 noctua fan using MX-2 paste. iam about as new to clocking as they get, lol. only reason ive got this far is with suggestions from nuclear,Bulten, and a few others, sorry i left your names out. i spend most of my time trying differnt set up to see whats going to work best and take notes and try to learn. (Disabled vet here) keeps me busy, lol. anyway, thanks for any suggestions. one of these days i might no what iam doing, lol, see ya!

Hows it going nuclear? thanks for the information, here is what iam doing to do, have to remove the cpu cooler since its on tip of the memory, lol, ill just use two of the chips, as suggested, then set my ht at 1.8 and run the memory voltage at 2.2. then ill change the voltage as suggested to 1.38 to start, ill set the memory at 5-5-5-15 and see what happens, ill let ya know what i get, should i start a new post , or just continue in this same forum area? oh, and thanks again for your help, maybe we can hit the 4.0