Overclock

drj76

to whom ever, my question is as follows i've got an intel e7300 2.66 ghz 3mb cache' how much can i overclock it by before i need to look at cooling system? (it been a custom made computer it has 2-3 fans one on top of the cpu one over motherboard or sucks the hot air out un sure about the last bit)now at the moment all i've done is brought the 2.66 up to 3.00 can i go more before looking to update cooling system? im new to computers don't know what i'm touching in the bios is what i've done a safe limit or can i go to 3.2 what is a safe limit?and what else needs to be done like voltage seting and others????? thank you for your time..

to whom ever, my question is as follows i've got an intel e7300 2.66 ghz 3mb cache' how much can i overclock it...?

well hello and welcome to occ...!!...first of all it's difficult for us to answer you because we don't have enough info on your system...like what motherboard are you using...??....what RAM and speed...??....which operating system...?? the more info you provide us the better able we are to assist you with your questions/system....take care.....cj :typing:

also, be sure to read up on just what you're changing in the bios. its easier to kill chips then you might think! especially when you start playing with voltages. So look around the forum, read everything you can, this guide is a great place to start.

As for what results you could expect, I've got the same exact chip, and I'm stable at 4 GHz at 1.45 volts (with good air cooling), but that gets a bit too toasty to run 24/7.

so before you get back to the bios, read up on all you can, and post further specs~ good luck and welcome to occ! :D

to whom ever, my question is as follows i've got an intel e7300 2.66 ghz 3mb cache' how much can i overclock it by before i need to look at cooling system? (it been a custom made computer it has 2-3 fans one on top of the cpu one over motherboard or sucks the hot air out un sure about the last bit)now at the moment all i've done is brought the 2.66 up to 3.00 can i go more before looking to update cooling system? im new to computers don't know what i'm touching in the bios is what i've done a safe limit or can i go to 3.2 what is a safe limit?and what else needs to be done like voltage seting and others????? thank you for your time..

new to computers but windows xp pro, intel core 2 duo e7300 2.6ghz 3mb cache, 4gb ddr2 800mhz memory, 750 gb sata 3gb/s hard disk drive ncq, dual layer dvd r/rw 22x, nvidia ge force 8500gt 1 gb pci-e graphics, 19 in 1 media card reader, silent case fan...... sorry i had to retreive the box to find this out.... thank you 4 ur time

new to computers but windows xp pro, intel core 2 duo e7300 2.6ghz 3mb cache, 4gb ddr2 800mhz memory, 750 gb sata 3gb/s hard disk drive ncq, dual layer dvd r/rw 22x, nvidia ge force 8500gt 1 gb pci-e graphics, 19 in 1 media card reader, silent case fan...... sorry i had to retreive the box to find this out.... thank you 4 ur time

before you go much further you'll need a few simple tools so just google these, download them and install...#1 is Real Temp 3.0, it will give accurate temp readings of you processor....#2 is CPU-Z which will give real time monitoring of you system "on the fly" so to speak...and #3 is rivatuner 2.22 which will come in handy a little later....you'll want to get those and familiarize yourself with them and also verran's guide to overclocking located here http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=71656

it would also be helpful if you could tell us which mother board you have...there is another tool "Everest" that you can download that will tell you all the specs of your system...knowledge is power...keep reading...cya ....cj

edit....oops cold_snipe already gave the overclocking guide...sorry ......

well hello and welcome to occ...!!...first of all it's difficult for us to answer you because we don't have enough info on your system...like what motherboard are you using...??....what RAM and speed...??....which operating system...?? the more info you provide us the better able we are to assist you with your questions/system....take care.....cj :typing:

i hope i've done this right but here goes

cpuz.htm

just in case the first one i replied didnt work here we go again

cpuz.htm

just in case the first one i replied didnt work here we go again

ok good....so what temps is real temps reporting for your cores...?

intel says the fsb of your cpu is 1066...

http://processorfinder.intel.com/Details.aspx?sSpec=SLB9X

http://processorfinder.intel.com/Details.aspx?sSpec=SLAPB