9800gtx: Accelero Twin Turbo Or Accelero Extreme

kollapse

Hi. I'm trying to buy one of these two Arctic Cooling fans and I don't know which one. What do you think?

-> The Accelero Twin Turbo

-> The Accelero Extreme 9800

The video card is an Asus 9800 GTX manually overclocked. I am planning on further overclocking.

Thanks for the help.

If anybody can suggest an after market cooler for the 9800GTX I'd be interested.

I have the fan speed set at 80% when folding and it's very noisy so anything with equal cooling power but less noise would be great.

Cheers

Paul

If you aren't volt modding I don't see a reason for aftermarket coolers, the stock coolers can handle any kind of temperature bottlenecking of an overclock.

Some people like their rigs nice and quiet. I don't have my 4870 overlocked a bit and I got a Thermalright Trad2 as it is completely silent and actually lowered my temps 30c on both idle and load, which will also extend the life of the card as well.

Some people like their rigs nice and quiet. I don't have my 4870 overlocked a bit and I got a Thermalright Trad2 as it is completely silent and actually lowered my temps 30c on both idle and load, which will also extend the life of the card as well.

I guess so, though the noise part is all I'd agree with you on since these cards can run just as happy at 90C as they would at 30C. As far as longevity goes, I don't keep my video cards for a long enough time for that to ever become a problem since graphic rendering hardware gets outdated way too fast to ever settle on a card for any longer than a year. (for high to max settings)

I guess so, though the noise part is all I'd agree with you on since these cards can run just as happy at 90C as they would at 30C. As far as longevity goes, I don't keep my video cards for a long enough time for that to ever become a problem since graphic rendering hardware gets outdated way too fast to ever settle on a card for any longer than a year. (for high to max settings)

Yeah true enough. I usually give/sell my old gear to family and friends when I am done with them as the resale on GPU's is pretty horrible anyway. CPU's and motherboards are another story.

Yeah true enough. I usually give/sell my old gear to family and friends when I am done with them as the resale on GPU's is pretty horrible anyway. CPU's and motherboards are another story.

ya a good CPU/mobo combo will easily last years, especially if you don't game on it. I can't imagine how long core 2 computers will last, they are so zippy for any use