Auto Tuning An Nvidia Card

estorilroc

I'm trying to tune my card via the ntune and I get nothing from the "20 min" tune or the "3 hour" tune, both will complete their tests or whatever and just sit there.

Is there any way to just hit a auto tune button or do something so I know I'm not over-overclocking?

I ended up sending back the Toxic and popping back in my 9800gt that came with the computer and actually got better graphics, performance and less pixelation, it even did better on the futurmark vantage tests too...weird huh?

I'm trying to tune my card via the ntune and I get nothing from the "20 min" tune or the "3 hour" tune, both will complete their tests or whatever and just sit there.

Is there any way to just hit a auto tune button or do something so I know I'm not over-overclocking?

I ended up sending back the Toxic and popping back in my 9800gt that came with the computer and actually got better graphics, performance and less pixelation, it even did better on the futurmark vantage tests too...weird huh?

ugh Ntune is crap, you should use Evga precision tool or RivaTuner. Download FurMark and run that for a few hours, though the best method is to play a demanding game.

ok, I've got the EVGA one, but I can't find a way to see if the overclock is too much or too little, being that I have the new i7 940 I would think I would be ok overclocking a bit but I just can't tell what is too much for it. Should I check some reviews and try their numbers out? B/c after I just the numbers the "test" button doesn't make itself useable.

ok, I've got the EVGA one, but I can't find a way to see if the overclock is too much or too little, being that I have the new i7 940 I would think I would be ok overclocking a bit but I just can't tell what is too much for it. Should I check some reviews and try their numbers out? B/c after I just the numbers the "test" button doesn't make itself useable.

what kind of 9800gt is it? just overclock it 10-20mhz on each clock speed until games either crash or have graphical distortions. Then back down your speeds until that stops happening :thumbs-up:

The best way to OC is slowly working it up and testing along the way. Goes for video cards and cpu's alike.

I usually can get video cards done really fast since they eventually run out of voltage so you can't clock anymore.