Does Evga Precision Has A Limit In Changing Clocks?

madu

Hey guys,

Yesterday I was running ATI Tool and let the app find the 'Max Core' for me. So it started around 300 and went up to 800Mhz where I manually aborted the testing.

So I wanted to check with Furmark whether my card can really do 800Mhz, so I closed ATI Tool and tried to set 800 in Precision, which it didnt. Everytime I click 'Apply', the clock chnages back to 675Mhz.

I found that I was able to manually set upto 726Mhz. I was able to change it to 800Mhz with ATI Tool and it showed correctly in Precision.

I started running Furmark at 800 but stopped it after about a minute thinking I'd probably damage the card and the warranty would be invalid since I used a clock which Precision didnt allow me to use.

So just wanted to know if you guys also found an limit with Precision? and also any bad experiences you have about increasing the clock and damaging?

Cheers.

Hey guys,

Yesterday I was running ATI Tool and let the app find the 'Max Core' for me. So it started around 300 and went up to 800Mhz where I manually aborted the testing.

So I wanted to check with Furmark whether my card can really do 800Mhz, so I closed ATI Tool and tried to set 800 in Precision, which it didnt. Everytime I click 'Apply', the clock chnages back to 675Mhz.

I found that I was able to manually set upto 726Mhz. I was able to change it to 800Mhz with ATI Tool and it showed correctly in Precision.

I started running Furmark at 800 but stopped it after about a minute thinking I'd probably damage the card and the warranty would be invalid since I used a clock which Precision didnt allow me to use.

So just wanted to know if you guys also found an limit with Precision? and also any bad experiences you have about increasing the clock and damaging?

Cheers.

I think it may be related to the shader clock, I upped my shader clock and my max GPU clock could be raised in relation to my shader

I think it may be related to the shader clock, I upped my shader clock and my max GPU clock could be raised in relation to my shader

Thanks mate. I removed the link and kept the mem and shader clocks the same.. will try with a higher shader clock...