New Member, New Build.

ehX

Well, I've been working towards a total upgrade of my computer for the past three or so months.

At first, I was going to go with the i7, but due to money constraints, I've now opted for the Phenom II.

It would be an immense help if you all could take a look at this setup I have planned out, offer advice, suggestions, criticism, etc.

It may be worthy to note that I'm also planning to run some version of GNU/Linux on this machine.

post-66150-1234070775_thumb.png

Edited by ehX

You could save some money on the ram by going with these g.skill. I use them myself and they work perfectly and they're cheaper and free shipping. Haven't OC'd them yet so not sure how much further they will go. Also do you need 8gb of ram?

You could save some money on the ram by going with these g.skill. I use them myself and they work perfectly and they're cheaper and free shipping. Haven't OC'd them yet so not sure how much further they will go. Also do you need 8gb of ram?

Well, I don't NEED the 8GB of RAM, but why not? I'm sure I'll be able to find something to do with it.

Ditched the RAM I had, got the G.SKILL RAM you showed. Upgraded to a $120 750W Corsair PSU, like the one in the pic.

if you insist on increasing the PSU wattage than you can get a PC Power and Cooling power supply (750W) for cheaper than the Corsair, while upholding equal quality.

why do you have an SATA cable on there? I'd imagine the motherboard will could with alot of spare SATA cables

(Oh and welcome to OCC :thumbs-up:)