Good Voltage On A Q6600

I must have a nice chip I have my Q6600 running on stock volts CPU-Z reports 1.280v with 8*400, The only thing holding me back has been my memory it doesn't like much above stock

throw some 1066mhz ram in there, ddr2 cheap is so cheap :)

I must have a nice chip I have my Q6600 running on stock volts CPU-Z reports 1.280v with 8*400, The only thing holding me back has been my memory it doesn't like much above stock

Why not keep that RAM you have and use the 9 multi?

Why not keep that RAM you have and use the 9 multi?

My temps at load on 3.2 are 70c, I had trouble booting at 9*400 and my temps went too high when I pushed up the juice so pulling back the FSB started under clocking my memory so for the best of all worlds 8*400 keeping my mem at 1:1 and temps within check

My temps at load on 3.2 are 70c, I had trouble booting at 9*400 and my temps went too high when I pushed up the juice so pulling back the FSB started under clocking my memory so for the best of all worlds 8*400 keeping my mem at 1:1 and temps within check

Alright. Looks like you may need either better cooling or perhaps reseat and apply AS5 to your cpu cooler.

If it were me though I would rather have a higher cpu clock speed than higher RAM speed.

Nothing wrong with scaling the RAM back to get more hertz from the cpu.

I got a Q6600 on a 780i, Basically the same board apart from a few little things, Generally overclock the same tho to my knowledge. I was running my G0 revision with a VID of 1.325V at 3.6ghz (400x9) on 1.4875Vcore with the vdrop mod holding 1.48V under load. I was able to prime95 for 1 hour before crashing with an error in Prime95. I have just decided to go for 3.6ghz (450x8) at the same vcore and it just did 2 hours 10 mins on prime 95 large FFT's maxing out at 72 C on core 1 and 65 C CPU die temp.

Benvidia