Can You Help Me Pass 4.2 On My E8500 E0?

shaolin95

Based on my bios settings....what do you think I should try to get more out of this?

E8500 E0 Q827A353

imgp5725ri7.jpg

By shaolin95

imgp5727rp1.jpg

By shaolin95

It would seem that I need a lot more voltage to move up from here.

The memory at those timings and FSB and beyond that (520).

I did try relaxing the memory and didnt help either.

It seems that I m stock at 4.2ghz.

With a Scythe Ninja first gen I am afraid of giving it too much juice. According to cpu-z under load the vcore drops to 1.336

Thanks for any recommendation.

This is my rig:

HTPC Rig

*Case: Aspire X-Navigator

*CPU: Intel E8500 OCed 4.2Ghz (8.5x495) 1.35v bios

*Cooler: Scythe Ninja first edition (getting old)

*Mobo: Asus p5K-e Wifi bios 1202

*RAM: 2x1GB Crucial Tracer@495fsb(1:1) 4-4-4-12

*Video Cards: ATI HD2600 Pro

*Sound Card: X-Fi Prelude

*Speakers: Rocket HT & MFW15 (AV123.com)

What stability tests have you run? What are your temperatures? You can still give the CPU more voltage if the temps are OK.

With the Ninja I am getting about 62 at load (OCCT 3). I am afraid the Ninja is not cutting it anymore, specially this first gen version.

just get a better cooler and up your multi to 9.5 and up the volts into the 1.4's you should be golden.

The multi is not doing much to improve my current situation but it seems I got to the point where the CPU is needing a good size jump on vcore to move on.

it seems you agree my Ninja is holding me back.

Which is the current king of air? the TRUE?

Regards

BTW, thanks for the quick replies guys...I tried this at xtremesystems and never got a single reply in two different threads and that was last week. OC forums didnt work either :-(

I think I found a new home. :-)

For coolers, there's a few that are at the top and depending on who reviewed them they move up or down, lol. Anyways here's some: TRUE, Sunbeam Core Contact, Zalman 9700, Cooler Master V8, Xigmatek some#s I can't remember, there's a few others I can't remember right now. I'd get a new heatsink. Then push the voltage up to at least 1.375 or 1.4. Intel says it can take 1.3625 (that's 1.3625 in CPU-z, not BIOS). The max temp is around 74C or something.

i been trying to do my oc for the last few days too. i got it stable at 4.5ghz :) - was aiming for 4.6 lol

What are you using to get to 4.5 heatsink and vcore wise?

DLS2008, I hear you on the cooler reviews...its odd how different ones come on top with different reviewers.

I got my Ninja when it was the top dog but time doesnt stand still. :-)

You pretty much cant go wrong with any of those heatsink suggestions. Xigmatek HDT-S1283 is what I use to get the rig I have in my sig, but I would pretty much expect identical temps from the TRUE, the Sunbeam CoreContact Freezer, the Coolermaster V8, etc.

You have your PCI-E frequency set to 105.. bring that down to 100 and see if you can get more stability. As far as Vcore goes, you have room to work, and your multiplier can go up a whole 1 unit... all you need is better temps. If you're ultra serious about getting everything you can out of it I'd recommend lapping, but thats only if you understand and accept that its fairly easy to destroy your hardware doing it. You can also back your memory timings off in order to get more FSB speed. Once you're at the highest FSB you can get, try messing with that Transaction Booster number. If its what I suspect it is, you can get noticable performance from editing that.

Whats CPU/FSB clock skew?

You pretty much cant go wrong with any of those heatsink suggestions. Xigmatek HDT-S1283 is what I use to get the rig I have in my sig, but I would pretty much expect identical temps from the TRUE, the Sunbeam CoreContact Freezer, the Coolermaster V8, etc.

You have your PCI-E frequency set to 105.. bring that down to 100 and see if you can get more stability. As far as Vcore goes, you have room to work, and your multiplier can go up a whole 1 unit... all you need is better temps. If you're ultra serious about getting everything you can out of it I'd recommend lapping, but thats only if you understand and accept that its fairly easy to destroy your hardware doing it. You can also back your memory timings off in order to get more FSB speed. Once you're at the highest FSB you can get, try messing with that Transaction Booster number. If its what I suspect it is, you can get noticable performance from editing that.

Whats CPU/FSB clock skew?

I have tried relaxing to 5-5-5-15 and no change...the memory is actually good to about 520 at those same timings. I have already messed with all the memory related settings to max it out and I am getting the most bandwidth I can get at that FSB with my memory. :-)

CPU/FSB clock skew...I tried a few settings based on Tony's guide and didnt help either so I run Auto.

Thanks

im on a siftech wc kit with an apogee gt cpu water block. -- ive seen via google where ppl have apparantly hit 4.7 on AIR. it all depends on how much your chip likes the voltages lol. i gotta set it to 1.5v in bios just so vdroop can get it to 1.44v in windows. im still on this fresh OC tho im still trying to get it to pass benchmarks (altho i can play wow and surf no prob LOL)

im on a siftech wc kit with an apogee gt cpu water block. -- ive seen via google where ppl have apparantly hit 4.7 on AIR. it all depends on how much your chip likes the voltages lol. i gotta set it to 1.5v in bios just so vdroop can get it to 1.44v in windows. im still on this fresh OC tho im still trying to get it to pass benchmarks (altho i can play wow and surf no prob LOL)

Is that 1.44v in windows idle or load?

You should not need near that voltage if you have an E0. You should be able to do that speed with 1.4v in bios.

I would try adjusting the GTL's and try VTT and NB voltage at the same, like 1.36v each