Best Video Card For The Money, Well, My Money

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seem's I have 9.5" of space from the back of the case to the hard drive. If I move around my hard drives, I can get 11".

the 260 and 4870 are about the same width though the 4870 can fit in a little better because the top portion for the cooler doesn't stretch to the end of the card like the 200 series cooler does.

They have a PC Power and Cooling 750W for $110 ($70 after rebate) or a 610W for $95 ($60 after rebate).

It doesn't have to be ATI, but I picked it because it was faster :). Easy choice.

Also, I might be able to get a 9800 gx2 in my budget, are they any better or comparable to the 4870?

9800gx2's are really fast (sometimes as fast as 280s and 4870x2s) but the problem is since they are dual GPU their results are not consistent with every game. The 260 is the best buy in my opinion because it can overclock so far beyond a 280s power level for a much more reasonable price.

9800gx2's are really fast (sometimes as fast as 280s and 4870x2s) but the problem is since they are dual GPU their results are not consistent with every game. The 260 is the best buy in my opinion because it can overclock so far beyond a 280s power level for a much more reasonable price.

Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow for a GTX 260, EXCEPT this one. Is there like a labeling mistake or something? But ony $150??? Is it a good buy? Please don't steal all the stock, I found it, I want one. ;)

EDIT: Oh, I see, refurb, but still, at this price... I'm willing to risk it.

Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow for a GTX 260, EXCEPT this one. Is there like a labeling mistake or something? But ony $150??? Is it a good buy? Please don't steal all the stock, I found it, I want one. ;)

it's probably only the core 192 though, you might as well get a 4870 then. The core 192 is not worth the money.

Honestly that's scary. A 15-day warranty? :blink: C'mon gimme a break, shipping could take that long or longer and they could be sheisty and say the warranty started at time of purchase. I wouldn't do it, I'd take a 4850 before I took that deal. :closedeyes:

it's probably only the core 192 though, you might as well get a 4870 then. The core 192 is not worth the money.

I would think that for a price of only 150, it wouldn'tatter if it was core 192 or 216. At least the slight difference in performance is worth this low price tag.

I would think that for a price of only 150, it wouldn'tatter if it was core 192 or 216. At least the slight difference in performance is worth this low price tag.

i guess you're right, if you want to risk that shady looking place

i guess you're right, if you want to risk that shady looking place

I would have still listened, just offering up an anternate, but I read some stuff and the 260 core 192 is slower than the 4870. The thing I am after is the 9800 gx2. Scaling the 2 cores may be bad on some things but at least cod4 supports it (my main game). Also, when it's able to use both cores, is it faster than then 4780?

I would have still listened, just offering up an anternate, but I read some stuff and the 260 core 192 is slower than the 4870. The thing I am after is the 9800 gx2. Scaling the 2 cores may be bad on some things but at least cod4 supports it (my main game). Also, when it's able to use both cores, is it faster than then 4780?

ya it's between the 4870s/c216 260s and 4870x2/295 in power. It's a good buy, try to pick one up in your price range on ebay.

And to answer your question the core 192 is slower than the 4870

go for either 4870, core 216 260 or 9800gx2. Any of those are awesome (not to mention the 4850 s quite good too)

ya it's between the 4870s/c216 260s and 4870x2/295 in power. It's a good buy, try to pick one up in your price range on ebay.

And to answer your question the core 192 is slower than the 4870

go for either 4870, core 216 260 or 9800gx2. Any of those are awesome (not to mention the 4850 s quite good too)

Ebay is where I got the 8600gts for $50. So that's where I'll get a gx2, which is what it want.