Is This A Motherboard Issue?

I bought some new crucial ballistix memory for my computer that was guaranteed compatible with my Asus M3A board. When I installed the first memory set, the computer would boot and run stable. But when I would try to wake it from sleep mode, it would become very unstable. Specifically, my processor would idle at 50%, a terrible screeching static noise would come from the speakers and the screen would glitch. I returned them for a new set but the new set presented me with the same problem. Here is what I have done to try to resolve the problem. I have manually set the memory voltage and timing to the products specifications, I have updated my bios and even tried booting with one stick at a time. After doing all these things I still get the same result. It seems like the memory I installed when I built it is the only thing that will work. So after doing all these things, is it safe to assume that there is a problem with my motherboard?

Hardware and driver list.

Asus M3A motherboard- Version 1001 bios

AMD 5000+ BE

Sapphire HD 3870- catalyst 8.12 edition

G-Skill ddr2 800mhz 2gig

And I did manually adjust the memory timing, for the crucial memory I tried installing, to the recommended settings.

Just disable sleep. Whenever my computer goes to sleep, it won't wake back up, so I've learned to deal with by just disabling sleep. If it is really annoying you then, yes, I suspect the motherboard is your problem. Perhaps updating your BIOS would be an option. You might also try a reformat of your HDD and a Windows reinstall.

I considered never letting it sleep as an option, but decided against it just because there might be other issues I'm unaware of, other than that. I might just wait till I can't get away with only 2 gigs of ram for gaming and hopefully that is far enough in the future that I would have to upgrade most of the major parts anyway.