Best Water Cooling For The Money

mgsmid

howdy, I'm new to the forums, new to building a PC. I just had my first baby and have been working almost 7 days a week for 5 months. realized i was losing my mind at home at night so i decided to build a PC and i wanna water cool the sob so i can overclock (for the hobby). I have been poking around the internet a lot for the last month buying parts off criags list, ebay and the occasional internet deal. intel q9550, EVGA 750iftw, EVGA 9800gtx+, 4g cosair pc 6400, 500bg hdd, pc power and cooling 750w silencer, NZXT tempest case. built it for just under 800 bucks the m/b and gpu both registered with evga, cpu was new. im pretty sure i did a good job, would you have done anything diffrent with the money?

anyways i have been reading reviews on cpu water blocks and decided in the fusion v2 with the quad core insert

don't know what kinda tubing, is there that much of a difference? (ill spend an extra 10 bucks if i have to)

radiator- not much of a clue i can probably mount 360 degrees of radiator in the case if i have to (240 on the laying on the bottom with a whole cut threw and 1 inch feet, and an 120 on the rear exhaust)

the pump, im thinking a mcp655 sounds a little future proof

do i have to cool the mobo or is stock ok, (comes with a nb chipset fan)?

do i have to cool the gpu (its factory overclock)?

reservoir- i think i can figure that out, but does size affect cooling capability ?

i was going to have it in the other thread but wasn't sure if he'd get to the right one first so I kinda left it at a dead end (sorry)

thanks for the info guys i found a nice radiator on petras the swiftec mrc 320 and it includes fans for only 65 bucks ill just have to rig it out side the case somehow, im thinking ill bolt it to the side or set it up in push pull cut a few holes, add some filters and use it as a triple exhaust, any ideas on where i should put the radiator? it wont fit in the case if i go this big, and i dont want to have a fat radiator flopping around behind not secured to anything

My plans once i stop being lazy is to mount my 120.3 on top of the case. Using a hole saw to cut the holes and be able to exhaust air out with the rad.

yea but how do you get the air bubbles out when your radiator is the highest point in the system?

I have the Swiftech micro-res. I'll have it velcro'd to the side of the case somewhere when in use. For air bleeding purposes i'll give it a little extra tubing so that it can be moved from the velcro'd position to out side above the case. At least I think thats how i'll do it.

edit: You could also have the case on it's side during filling with the res having anough tubing leeway to be slightly above the rad.

Edited by Raiderfan001