Tuniq Tower Or Xigmatek Rs1283

Crow47

I'm going to buy a new cpu cooler soon, and I'm looking at either the Tuniq Tower http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835154001

or the Xigmatek RS1283 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835233012

I like that the Xigmatek is cheaper, but if the Tuniq is worth the extra 5 bucks I'll get it. I've seen a lot of people on here with both fans, so I thought I'd come here for help. Thanks!

If you have a quad then maybe the Tuniq would be better?

Either way, instead of the RS1283, look at the regular S1283 and get the 17751 retention bracket, or look at the S1284EE.

I have the S1283 on my E8400 and its fine for 4.3Ghz, I just got the retention bracket(17751) for it but havent installed it yet, but the stock pushpins suck

Edited by SpeedEuphoria

The only difference with the RS1283 is that I think it has an LED fan, so yea. I'd go and grab a HDT-S1283, despite the Push-Pin mounting system. I stuck one into a friends build with an E7300 and it's quiet and efficient, and I can't complain about the PushPins. They hold it down really well actually.

My Tuniq keeps my overclocks at 23c @ idle, surfing the net etc...

It was up to aroung 40c running prime95 for vista.

I have a huge case with 3 120mm fans though and ambient room temps are 21c :thumbs-up:

Great cooler imo.

The S1283 is by far the best bang for the buck cooler. There are some sites/pages that have info on how to use TIM for the "HDT" heatsinks to get best results. Also the retention bracket can lower temps also from what I've read and makes it sturdier/easier.

If anything you can always get a better fan for it, like a Yate Loon medium or whatever and get better cooling. Or you can use 2 fans in a push/pull setup that would prob make it the same size and price as the Tuniq but cool better

Edited by SpeedEuphoria

XIGMATEK!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Lol I would never guess you would vote for that :P

Well thanks, everybody, I have the piece of mind knowing that I'm going to be ordering Xigmatek now. I'm not sure if I'm going to order the screw in retention bracket or not. I dunno if I feel like paying an extra 8 bucks plus shipping, ahg.