Liquid Cooling Help

abid

im using coolermaster aquagate s1, so when do i change my liquid? or i dont have to change it at all? please help. Im confuse, if it doesnt have to change the liquid why do they sell the liquids for? <_<

MY STYLE!! haha

You don't need to replace it unless somehow it becomes dirty or you decide to use something else. Usually when I clean out my loop I replace the coolant but I guess you could just pour it into another container while your loop is apart. Also, over time you might notice you have less liquid because even in a closed loop water does evaporate slowly so check it every couple of months. Companies like koolance and thermaltake like to take distilled water, add some color dye and jack up the price for no reason so if you do need some more coolant just use some distilled water (50 - 60 cents at the grocery store) and a bit of antifreeze IF you have mixed metals that are known to have corrosion when in the same loop. For example brass & copper are fine but copper and aluminum can make a nasty mess when you don't have an additive in your loop that prevents that corrosion. Also some people add some biocide to kill any bacteria that might be in the loop but I've never had that problem.

currently using distilled + 5 or 10% zerex. only added a few ounces from evaporation over the last 2 years. still working well. ZERO troubles. The water with slight additive will last until you decide to build another rig. just like the coolant in your car lasts 5 years or more, its mostly the same stuff just a bit thinner.

Edited by robAP