Fresh Install - Nforce

Ok I'm not sure if it is the right place to post this, just move it if I'm wrong.

With all the new drivers & stuff I'm not sure how I should reinstall everyting after a clean install of window XP home ed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but winXP at is first boot won't install the chipset driver, the sound drivers et the network drivers. So what should I do?

Let window install everything it can, reboot, install all the stuff for the cd, reboot, dl all the update from "window update", reboot, install the update form Nvidia (SP1 is needed I think).

or

Let window install everything it can, reboot, dl all the update from "window update", reboot, install the update form Nvidia (SP1 is needed I think).

or

Other.

Thanks a lot, I want to be sure to do this the correct way because I don't want to cause any conflit.

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused...did you recently change motherboards and you're asking how to get the new motherboard installed properly in windows? If so, you might as well just reformat now and save yourself a headache down the road. If you're talking about a fresh install of windows, I would probably let windows do its thing, then install all the recent drivers, then download all the windows updates.

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused...did you recently change motherboards and you're asking how to get the new motherboard installed properly in windows? If so, you might as well just reformat now and save yourself a headache down the road. If you're talking about a fresh install of windows, I would probably let windows do its thing, then install all the recent drivers, then download all the windows updates.

Yeah when I installed my new mobo I only did a repair install, it works ok but I want to format and do a fresh install of winXP.