Looking For Some Advice For On My Next Build Please

RCPW

Look mate, some of our posts may just come over as a bit harsh, but we're just a little baffled as to how someone asks for help, but then seemingly doesn't want any.

The 8800GT isn't bad, it's a good card if you're not a hardcore gamer, but the HD4850 is your better choice price:performance wise. Returning that would be over the top, but returning the HDD is a good move. With all this Eco-Green-Line stuff they've been up to, they sometimes forget performance and build 1TB 5,400rpm drives :rolleyes:

Hey man it's okay were just here to help. We are just trying to help you get better for your money ya know? I really don't know if your a hardcore gamer or not. If not the 8800GT is a great choice for you, but if yes then the 4850 would have been a better way to go. Even though you can become out of date with computer hardware, you can still jump back in very easy. Most of us if not all have learned all of this on our own lol so it can be fairly easy once you get the hang of it. The thing is that I didn't think it was a great choice getting the 8800GT is cause that board you choose supports crossfire not SLI. You need an nvidia nforce chipset to support SLI. So in the near future if you want to do a dual video card setup you won't get to cause your using that 8800GT. It's just something to think about. I am not sure if you would even want to do crossfire anyways.

But good luck on your build man! :thumbs-up:

Hey Guys,... I appreciate your last thoughts and i really do understand where your coming from. I wish i really would have paid more attention when it came to that 1T HD, I really Screwed up there so i plan on return it and getting the better 1T Drive without a Doubt.

This Morning I purchased 1 more item for my PC. I ended up buying the:

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822136073

It should be here my Thursday, I received my Case today, I should receive all of my Parts tomorrow and then this HD i just ordered on Thursday which is going to be my main drive.

That 1T HD was always ment to be my storage drive anyway but when i return it for the faster one i just have a faster storage drive :thumbs-up: .

I'm going to install as many internal SATA Harddrives as I can. I have 3 more here thats why i bought the 1 DVDROM Drive and the 1 DVDRW Drive to Free up the SATA Ports for Hardrives :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think that board only comes with 4 Internal Red Ones, I'm not sure what the Black Ports are for Yet, ASUS Doesnt have the Manual for D/L on their site, In fact,... They have NOTHING for download on their site for this MB. What do you make of that??

13-131-182-04.jpg

I've Read that LONG Videocards will Take Up 2 SATA Ports. Anyone happen to know to know if mine will GeForce 8800GT Take Up 2 SATA Ports, Anyone Know?

Oh,.. The Videocard Description says that it's SLI Supported?

Thanks for your help guys.

RCPW A.K.A. Jim

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic