Subtimings: Why You Should Adjust Them

Zertz

9GB/s on Intel + DDR2 is pretty good. If it locks as soon as you decrease any timing then that's the best you'll get. Can you get any more MHz out of them?

I'll have to start fooling around with this once I get home.

Can you change voltages/primary timings with this or will I have to set those from the bios before I boot???

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you change voltages/primary timings with this or will I have to set those from the bios before I boot???

You can change every timing, but not voltage, what I did is find my max frequency at 5-5-5-15 with 2.1/2.2V, then find lowest main timings, 5-5-4-14 then play with sub timings

Takes some time, but definitely worth it for benching :)

Edited by Zertz

You can change every timing, but not voltage, what I did is find my max frequency at 5-5-5-15 with 2.1/2.2V, then find lowest main timings, 5-5-4-14 then play with sub timings

Takes some time, but definitely worth it for benching :)

does any of that power translate to anything you do in windows or gaming? is everything run like lightning?

9GB/s on Intel + DDR2 is pretty good. If it locks as soon as you decrease any timing then that's the best you'll get. Can you get any more MHz out of them?

The limit MHz-wise seems to be 1150, but this is as close as I can get with the multipliers afforded me at this high of a bus. I tried throwing looser timings, voltage, etc. at them but they won't post at 1151 or higher. Oh well maybe next build will have some ddr3 instead.

The limit MHz-wise seems to be 1150, but this is as close as I can get with the multipliers afforded me at this high of a bus. I tried throwing looser timings, voltage, etc. at them but they won't post at 1151 or higher. Oh well maybe next build will have some ddr3 instead.

yeah DDR3 will be awesome.. no need to worry (not as much at least) about RAM limiting an overclock :)

I finally tested my RAM sticks. :thumbs-up:

So far this is the best stable frequency I can get from them:

post-31336-1224642113_thumb.jpg

I booted into Windows at 1149MHz, but they were not stable at all.

Next part is to reduce timings and voltage. :)